Brown leather Vs Black leather....Choice???

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Good morning to all of you out there!!!
At last its my big time getting my own LG G4 and i wanted to ask all the men guys out there enjoying the leather version, which is the best choice, Brown or Black???
I am actually in a dilemma, having more likes towards the Brown actually. IMO it looks more unique and stands out. I am afraid that Black might turn out to be very common at the end. However I think Black has a better grip and more durability due to the different texture.

So whats gonna be??? Any views from existing G4 leather owners?? Please share....

Thank you all for your time reading and replying 😃

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Good morning to all of you out there!!!
At last its my big time getting my own LG G4 and i wanted to ask all the men guys out there enjoying the leather version, which is the best choice, Brown or Black???
I am actually in a dilemma, having more likes towards the Brown actually. IMO it looks more exclusive and stands out. I am afraid that Black might turn out to be very common at the end. However I think Black has a better grip and more durability due to the different texture.

So whats gonna be??? Any views from existing G4 leather owners?? Please share....

Thank you all for your time reading and replying ??????

Hey :) I don't own a G4 and don't plan on, but I did have this dilemma when I was buying a Moto X - I went for brown. As you said above, the brown stands out more, it looks better imo - black leather is great, but it just looks like any old black phone from a distance. Also I like the way the brown leather would age over time - makes it more unique. Good luck in choosing :)

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Black sucks ive had both. I got the black on verizon and took the phone back and then went to Tmobile and got the Brown tmobile version. Its night and day difference. It has a leather smell and feel. Black is totally fake

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Black sucks ive had both. I got the black on verizon and took the phone back and then went to Tmobile and got the Brown tmobile version. Its night and day difference. It has a leather smell and feel. Black is totally fake

I've been longing for a phone that smells awesome :) I'm actually trying to find a case for my S6 that is leather to replicate the smell I had on my Moto X

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the black leather and am totally pleased with it. It has been done extremely well and is not "fake" in anyway regardless of what a few people have said.

As to the brown leather back being better it is going to be a matter of perspective only. Both are real leather, both are excellent.

My wife loves how mine looks and feels and now wants to upgrade to a g4 when she can.

How each will look in 6 months will be up to how they are taken care of.

Natural vs dyed fine leather age differently as you know and if you want to keep them looking like new will take some effort. More for the natural than for the dyed since it can show any stains if left untreated, but it can take on a patina some people prefer.

Each offer something unique and I don't think my black leather back looks like most black plastic backs due to the stitching but the brown leather will stand out more if that is what you are after.

FWIW... I have purchased several high quality purses for my lovely wife and can tell you either choice is a good one, and can be changed since the backs are removable. While the black isn't as nice as her JW Hulme (nor costs as much.. Lol) it does have a similar feel as the last Coach Legacy she received 2 Christmases ago...

If you want that distressed feel go for the brown.. If not get the black, but if you or your wife are anything like my wife when it comes to her purses you'll wind up with both.... Lol... Lol... Lol

Posted with my awesome LG g4

Last edited:

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Black is gorgeous. It's not slick for me at all, just kind of soft. I love it, totally worth all I had to go through

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I have the T-Mo brown leather, and checked out the black at Verizon. I was not as impressed with the quality of the feel. Depending where you live, the brown leather may be tough to get. In the US it is a T-Mobile exclusive, while the other carriers have the black.

espio

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I switched from Sprint (was with Nextel/Sprint since 2002) to T-mobile just because I wanted the Brown leather. I prefer brown over black leather. I have been very pleased so far with my new phone and my new mobile network.

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the T-Mo brown leather, and checked out the black at Verizon. I was not as impressed with the quality of the feel. Depending where you live, the brown leather may be tough to get. In the US it is a T-Mobile exclusive, while the other carriers have the black.

So you mean you are more impressed by the brown one, right? Is the brown leather slippery? Cause it has a different texture than the black one. Here in my country you can get easily both brown and black too.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Since I have the brown, I'll say brown. It's a different texture than the black and I find it more appealing to the touch and in how it looks.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My black Verizon one has the leather smell and is certainly not fake. Probably not as high quality as the brown one, but not fake

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
AT&T only offered the leather phone in black so that's what I got. That said, I am very happy with the black leather and like others don't understand how it could be seen as fake. It even smells like leather if I wanted to snort it.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I got the T-Mo brown leather. Honestly when I went in to buy the phone I was expecting to get the plastic back, but when I saw the brown leather in person I thought it looked really classy.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Once again the black is not fake, some people just don't know the difference between different types/finishes of leather.

Bottom line get what you like.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I checked out the black leather at ATT, and to be 100% honest, I was very disappointed. Didn't have that soft feel and texture I thought it should have. Actually felt cheap, hard and thin. I checked out the Tmobile brown leather and it was much better..

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Thank you all guys for sharing your views and experiences...I really appreciate it 👍...I have until Saturday morning to decide

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20