Setting ringtone and notification problem

chamomiami

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
every time i down the volume for the notification the ring tone go down too and cant listen when some one call.. but notification is too loud ... any way possible to setting separately

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The ring tone and notification are on one now. I'm not digging that either.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So you mean more advanced than the control given when changing the volume and then pressing the gear icon in the upper right? If so, I know third party apps like AudioManager Pro (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...droidapps.audiowidgetpro&hl=en&token=UF8Ygnyo ; free version available too) might be able to do something like that.

Edit: I think I understand your post better now. Third party apps most likely won't separate ringtone and notification (ringtones are, in a sense, a notification...that someone is trying to call you). I forgot, but it might be because of lollipop.

Zapme2

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Edit: Well I take that back. I found out you have to enable the separation in the settings menu of persist. Works great!!!

I've tried numerous apps including persist. Although app shows different controls for ring and notifications, when you move one slider the other does too. Very annoying that a simple thing as a separate volume control for ringtone and notifications cannot be controlled separately.
LG G4 here but I think all Androids are the same.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non