Verizon LG G4 - Crazy Google Keyboard Vibrate Lag

noobsquared

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I have had the phone for 4 days now and I had S6 before this with ISOCELL crap sensor so I'm loving the camera upgrade but overall the phone feels so laggy. I've even done the factory reset last night and setup one thing at a time slow and giving a lot of time during setting up things. Haven't moved most of the apps and using i6+ for facebook, google+, sending photos using google photos to whatsapp and what not.

Every time I start typing using Google keyboard with vibrate on, it seems to lag so bad that it eats up what I'm typing and missed a couple letter ever few seconds. Tried restarting, factory resetting and what not. Anyone having these issues?

I had to set the camera to store pics on local storage as storing it on 32gb class 10 card was taking almost half a second for each picture.

Are you guys using vibrate feature on google keyboard? Anyone else noticing lag in stock messenger, google messenger and all? I've disabled every bit of bloat along with signed out of hangouts and not syncing a lot of google stuff.

I don't want to go back to i6+ but it seems like Verizon is trying to kill Android phones or something.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I got mine late last week, it's a Verizon model. I did a factory reset on Friday and used Tap and Go to transfer my stuff from my old phone.

I installed the Google keyboard over the weekend, and have changed to that from the LG keyboard. I have keyboard vibrate turned on. No lag, no issues with the Google keyboard, sorry. No lag issues with "Messaging", the yellow-icon one. Not sure if that's the stock one, or the Google messenger that you mentioned.

Using internal storage, storing pictures seems fast to me. I haven't pulled the SD card out of my old phone yet, to try external storage.

firefight352

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I actually know what you're talking about.. I've noticed it using the stock keyboard. I haven't tried turning the vibrate off. But if I'm typing fast, it seems like it will skip a letter and I'll have to go back to press it again...

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I turned all the animations off to help with lag on mine. Its stopped a good 50% of the lag.I guess we do have to take into consideration that LG launched the g4 with 5.1 from the start. I feel good about the lag being taken care of on 5.1.1. I've stuck with using the stock keyboard and noticed it getting better. Swip is still not as spot on as it should be.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Please don't go back to the i6. Lg has a good history of pushing updates the past 2 years to solve issues. Trust me with this. All the issues we are having will get polished up and push out soon. These are all things that can be fixed via software updates.They already pushed 5.1.1 to the G flex. Just something to think about. You have a good phone in your hands.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Haven't used the stock keyboard and don't had a SD card yet. Been using SwiftKey with my last phone so one of the first things I did was add it in this pound. Zero lag.

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered my Verizon g4 today. I saw that att got an update for the lag. Verizon will probably be another month. Now I'm worried this won't perform as well as my note 3.

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Mine lags & unresponsive intermittently. It's very annoying especially for a top end device. If I knew an update would fix it & an update is in the works I'd wait it out because this is the phone I want. BUT, I may end up returning this one because I find the lagginess unacceptable.

mikea3000

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the same exact issue. When vibrate is on lags really bad no matter which keyboard I use I hope t-mobile also issues an update soon.

noobsquared

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the sanity check guys. I thought I was losing my mind. I've had every single flagship including Note 4, Nexus 6, S6 and I'm coming from last year's Moto X 2014, Droid Turbo, S5, M8 and everything in between but I have yet to see anything like this. N6 was so fluid on 5.1.1 that I had to just mess with it every now and then to enjoy the smoothness of it. I'm going to do my 5th factory reset I guess and use stock keyboard with animations turned off.

I have spent good bit of time disabling all Verizon bloat, changing launcher to apex pro, removing everything from stock launcher before switching launchers, cleaning temporary files multiple times, I feel like I've done everything short of root and jack the phone up to no avail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair