Best Tethering/Hotspot app

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I have transitioned from an unlocked Nexus 5 on AT&T and I am wondering what, if any, apps work best for activating the hotspot, preferably without root.

I have downloaded Easy Tether, but I haven't had the chance to test it yet, plus it doesn't support wifi hotspot.

Posted via the Android Central App

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
FoxFi works on Verizon one, so that is probably you best beat. I have been using it for years and is around 60GB of data a month.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
FoxFi works on Verizon one, so that is probably you best beat. I have been using it for years and is around 60GB of data a month.

Cool thanks. Does it require root access? Also, does it enable wifi or is USB/bluetooth tethering?

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I just tried it and it gives me the same error message that turning it on in settings gets me
:-/

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I just tried it and it gives me the same error message that turning it on in settings gets me
:-/

Read all the instructions in the app (play store). I think there are two apps you need. One is FoxFi the other FoxFi Keys I think. Once it is set up you are good to go.

But I'm not sure it works on AT&T. Like I said read everything in the play store and good luck.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Tried multiple apps, nothing is working. Guess I will have to resort to popping my Sim out whenever I need it

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Just got foxfi working on my g4 and bypassed the Lock screen credential.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am using the stock Verizon hotspot app. Works great with the unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot addon. I based on my peak data usage I pay less than half a penny per gigabyte.

So you know, Using apps to bypass carrier restrictions is probably a violation of carrier terms of service.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol