Alternate Keyboard Suggestions

netjack

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys - wondering if I could get some suggestions for alternative keyboard suggestions. My requirements in priority are the following:

1) Swype like feature
2) Separate numbers row
3) Question mark is just one easy key press (long hold is fine)
4) Auto-remember/auto-fill
5) Shortcut key to paste email address

I've used the google keyboard, Swift, and Swype and none have all these features. Is there a magic bullet I'm not seeing?

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys - wondering if I could get some suggestions for alternative keyboard suggestions. My requirements in priority are the following:

1) Swype like feature
2) Separate numbers row
3) Question mark is just one easy key press (long hold is fine)
4) Auto-remember/auto-fill
5) Shortcut key to paste email address

I've used the google keyboard, Swift, and Swype and none have all these features. Is there a magic bullet I'm not seeing?

Which of these does Swiftkey not cover? If it's no. 5, after a few entries it will come up as prediction option like no. 4.

L0N35T4R

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm interested I'm this also. I've used Swiftkey in the past but hated it. I may need to give it another shot

Right now I'm using Google Keyboard "PC" version to give me the number pad but I lose familiar access to symbols and emoticons

Posted via the Android Central App

txsizzler

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
How does Swype not have a "Swype-like" feature? LOL.

I am a Swype user, but like you, miss having the numbers on the top row displayed all the time. Just as with Swype, the stock keyboard on the G4 has a swipe from the letter M (for the question mark), which is convenient. You can also long-press the letter M for the same result.

Swype also remembers frequently used phrases, for one-touch typing (same with email addresses).

Last edited:

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I know. I loved using Swype, but once SwiftKey Flow came out I switched completely. The only Swype feature I miss is the swipe for space. Now that it supports Dashlane, it is practically perfect.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been a longtime SwiftKey fan but I've recently been using Fleksy and I'm impressed. Seems faster than SwiftKey and prediction engine is solid..

L0N35T4R

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Can I ask what you hated? I'm not digging you out, but SK seems almost universally popular, so just interested to hear your take.

It doesn't recognize my typing very well. I know it gets better with use so maybe I need to give it a better chance. I also don't like how when you delete, it only deletes one space. I like how the Google keyboard can be set to delete the whole word.

I'm using it now to give it another chance

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
If you long press the delete key on SwiftKey it deletes one whole thing you entered at a time including whole words. This is one of my favorite features, and my thumb now has muscle memory to where I'm very accurate with deleting things.

It doesn't recognize my typing very well. I know it gets better with use so maybe I need to give it a better chance. I also don't like how when you delete, it only deletes one space. I like how the Google keyboard can be set to delete the whole word.

I'm using it now to give it another chance

jordandj24

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I've been a longtime SwiftKey fan but I've recently been using Fleksy and I'm impressed. Seems faster than SwiftKey and prediction engine is solid..

Same for me, I'm trying out Fleksy and just love the simplicity. I feel as if Swiftkey has a lot going on and with the minor screen tap issues on my G4 I was having a hard time using Swiftkey. I'm planning on purchasing Fleksy after my trial is up, if not sooner.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been using SwiftKey for years and it's my favorite. Sometimes the prediction for swiping drives me crazy but overall it works so much better for me that other keyboards give me fits.

L0N35T4R

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
If you long press the delete key on SwiftKey it deletes one whole thing you entered at a time including whole words. This is one of my favorite features, and my thumb now has muscle memory to where I'm very accurate with deleting things.

Didn't know that thank you

mbbarron

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue as the OP. I just switched from an S4 using the Swype keyboard and when I install the same keyboard on my new G4 it's slightly different. I can't seem to find the option to have the alternate key smaller otions behind the larger letters (not sure of the technical term for this) so that I can see that the longpress gives me a ? on the M and not have to remember it's the M. Anyone have an idea on this?

I guess I'll try Swiftkey since it seems to get high recommendations on this thread but I'm used to Swype and it's used to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12