Need Help with Volume / Interruptions

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
So let me first say I love this phone. I've customized it up the Yin-Yang and I'm almost done making it perfect. But coming from an HTC One (M7), which HTC did a pretty good job when it came to audio hardware and software, I now find myself having issues with the G4. First, is it me or is there no "silent mode." There's "vibrate" and "sound on," but no way to cycle through, sound, silent and vibrate. And the lowest setting of "sound on" is really loud, even with the phone in my pocket. Am I missing something here?

The bigger problem is with Interruptions. Maybe I just don't understand them. I had/have an app called Silent Time on my M7 that worked perfectly. I set it to silence the phone between 12:00a and 7:00a. I tried it on the G4, doesn't work. It's an older app, but it's still compatible and should work -- doesn't. So I tried the interruptions settings, and those don't work at all. I'm still getting texts and email announcing themselves after midnight. I know it's a lot to ask, but can somebody point me in the right direction here?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I feel your pain with the volume and notification being the same. Plus not have a silent mode is weird. Maybe they will push a software update that can address these things.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
So let me first say I love this phone. I've customized it up the Yin-Yang and I'm almost done making it perfect. But coming from an HTC One (M7), which HTC did a pretty good job when it came to audio hardware and software, I now find myself having issues with the G4. First, is it me or is there no "silent mode." There's "vibrate" and "sound on," but no way to cycle through, sound, silent and vibrate. And the lowest setting of "sound on" is really loud, even with the phone in my pocket. Am I missing something here?

The bigger problem is with Interruptions. Maybe I just don't understand them. I had/have an app called Silent Time on my M7 that worked perfectly. I set it to silence the phone between 12:00a and 7:00a. I tried it on the G4, doesn't work. It's an older app, but it's still compatible and should work -- doesn't. So I tried the interruptions settings, and those don't work at all. I'm still getting texts and email announcing themselves after midnight. I know it's a lot to ask, but can somebody point me in the right direction here?

I was able to get mine to work and I set my priority to only incoming calls the rest are unchecked. I leave my phone on the lowest volume and I don't hear anything all night.

Screenshot_2015-06-09-10-14-35.jpg

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that. I'm pretty sure I had it set up exactly like yours -- I've since cleared it out -- but I'll try it again and see if it makes a difference.

It took me a little while to get it figured out and that is what I ended up with. Here is another screenshot of the other settings.

Screenshot_2015-06-09-10-46-15.jpg

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I use MacroDroid. I created 2 Macros, One that turns off all sounds when I put it on the charger, and One that turns them all back on when I take it off of the charger. This way, I hear nothing as soon as I put it on the charger each night. You can specify which sounds you do or do not want to hear as well. So if you want to hear nothing but the alarm, then you can set it up that way.