Lock Screen Looks Out of Place

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So guys all of yours came with these apps on the lock screen?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I don't fully remember which apps were the default for the lockscreen; I changed mine in the settings to include Hangouts, Google Maps, etc.

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I inserted a sim card and I get a No SIM card-No Service message. Why?And the lock screen still looks wrong. The apps have appeared. But why are the notifications positioned up there? And why is the carrier name (etisalat) located there? Seriously, does not look right

uploadfromtaptalk1433925821446.jpg

txsizzler

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Probably because you chose the option to see notifications on the lock screen when you first received/setup your phone.

You can change that by going to Sound and Notifications in the Setup. The carrier name shows up normally on the lock screen. I really don't see a problem with your phone, honestly, with the exception of your SIM card not being activated.

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Probably because you chose the option to see notifications on the lock screen when you first received/setup your phone.

You can change that by going to Sound and Notifications in the Setup. The carrier name shows up normally on the lock screen. I really don't see a problem with your phone, honestly, with the exception of your SIM card not being activated.

Okay why do I get this SIM card message? I have inserted an activated sim card.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

txsizzler

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I would contact your carrier, and explain your SIM card is having problems. Most likely a problem from their end, not activating it correctly. It happens.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Really interesting. Without a sim card the lock screen looks like stock Android 5.1. Add a sim card and it looks like LG's skin. I'll have to try this on my phone.

But anyway I was going to say that your lock screen looks normal now

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
There's nothing wrong with your lockscreen at all; I think we've confirmed that.

Your SIM card not working after inserting it--I'd call your carrier for that. They should get it working for you.

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I haven't mentioned this but my SIM card actually works, I have turned off Wi-Fi and tried sending an email which got delivered, Internet works as well, so there is nothing wrong with the SIM. The message No SIM card-No Service is still on my lock screen. I have no idea why even though everything seems to be working fine. I also tried the SIM on another phone and there's nothing wrong with it. I haven't yet contacted my carrier, I'm not sure they'll know what's wrong since the SIM works. I'll try and check online to see if there's any way to get rid of this annoying message.

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I just remembered. My G4 is a dual model. So this message is because I only have one SIM inserted. I currently don't need two SIM cards in my G4 but why do I need to see this message?? Anyone know if there's a way to remove it? I have had lots of dual phones before but I don't remember seeing this message when I had only one SIM installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech