Wifi issues?

Gatoralstr

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else having the internet stop working over wifi for a minute or 2 at a time? It would be in the middle of clicking a link on a website or hitting the back button on the AC forum and it would give me a no internet error. I can resolve quickly by toggling the wifi or it will resolve on its own in a minute or two of I wait. I have factory restored and same issue persists. I am thinking about exchanging tonight ...

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 425
  • 117.jpg
    117.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 429

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
No problems here using wifi on my LG-H815.
It could be an issue with your router, try unplugging your modem and router for a couple minutes then retry.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Other than Smart Settings "leave home, turn off wifi" never actually working, I'm having no wifi issues really. AT&T, stock.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Something similar happened to me on the International Unlocked version, but after the initial setup and re-factory wiping, it hasn't presented itself again. Might have been a glitch on my router, too.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Weird, after no issues in my first 4 days with this phone, this Wi-Fi drop issues crept up 5 or 6 times today. I'll go to do something and no data gets transmitted but the Wi-Fi connection is fine. I had this randomly on my G3 to do i wonder if something is up with my Netgear Nighthawk. I have about 7 or 8 other Wi-Fi devices but haven't seen it on them.

markeithst

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Same issues here. On the T-Mobile version. Wifi stays connected but nothing transmits. I reset my router and had T-mobile send me a replacement phone and still the same issue.

Also the only thing that seems to fix it is the toggling the wifi to 4g then back again.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
On XDA, I have seen people mention poor/slow Wi-Fi performance. I don't recall if a certain carrier was mentioned, but some people are apparently seeing some Wi-Fi issues.

Gatoralstr

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I also have a netgear router (power cycled with modem) no problems at all last night on the 2.4 ghz channel. Tried the 5g channel (that was giving me the problem originally) before bed and it happened again. I also almost returned it to best buy last night but had no issues with their wifi for 20+ minutes in store which a what got me thinking about the band I was using. Will continue to look in to this.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I think this is an issue on the 5ghz band. It got real annoying today so i changed channels on my router and that seems to have helped for the moment. See if it continues.

txsizzler

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Anytime i use the 5ghz band on my devices with my Netgear Nighthawk, I have problems left and right with connections. If I use tge 2.4ghz setting, no issues at all.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Anytime i use the 5ghz band on my devices with my Netgear Nighthawk, I have problems left and right with connections. If I use tge 2.4ghz setting, no issues at all.

Netgear Nighthawk here as well. I changed from channel 161 to 157 and haven't seen a drop out yet. Time will tell.

kjtree3535

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the WiFi issue on both bands at home, although it is slightly more responsive when using 2.4 (at least in my house). This issue presents itself anytime I am on WiFi (tried with four different networks so far). It isn't my router, considering my laptop and the iPhones that connect to my network are perfectly fine.

This is crazy. Everything else about this phone is absolutely on point, but it is hard to overlook an issue with such a ubiquitous connection standard.

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I have a sprint device and it is also happening to me on 5ghz band only. Runs very well on 2.4 though. I also thought it may be my router but now I see this thread and I am now questioning it. I have a brand new Asus Ac router, don't remember the model number. Sprint sent it to me for free as a courtesy.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
well i noticed that my G4 connected to wifi fine and connection speed is fine on download and upload but the time it takes to communicate and load things like images take longer than when not using wifi. i thought it was just me, but i guess not. i've never had any problems like this with other phones. usually response time is faster on wifi but with this phone it seems the opposite.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
So changing bands on my router from 161 to 157 seems to have worked, at least for the last 18 or so hours. Haven't seen a single drop in data transmission. Hopefully this continues. There is certainly some kind of problem with the 5ghz band on this phone though.

Mr PicC

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I've tested multiple devices to make sure it wasn't my xb3, and everything works fine but the g4..
There are moments when trying to load pages where it takes an additional 3-10 seconds to load a webpage or application.
Tested on the 2.4 and the 5 with the same results.
I know for a fact it isn't the combo modem, wiring in house or the service as i work for the company and installed services.
Router settings are standard and wifi interference from other routers isn't a big deal here.
Running speedtest you wouldn't even know as i get max speeds.
Turning wifi off and using lte i get better service in the house with slower speeds..
Unsure if i should bother complaining though.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Hm .. I will have to try with my 5ghz network -- I have an ASUS Router (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4486965)

For my experience with this issue, the connection between the phone and router doesn't drop, I am still connected to Wifi, there just isn't any data transmission. I can see the download/upload arrows on the Wifi icon going but Internet Speed Meter is showing 0kb/s in the status bar and whatever I am trying to do doesn't load. It will either resolve itself in 10-15 seconds or I have to toggle the Wifi icon, both of which are annoying (and first world problems) when you are trying to do something.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else having the internet stop working over wifi for a minute or 2 at a time? It would be in the middle of clicking a link on a website or hitting the back button on the AC forum and it would give me a no internet error. I can resolve quickly by toggling the wifi or it will resolve on its own in a minute or two of I wait. I have factory restored and same issue persists. I am thinking about exchanging tonight ...

I'm on wi-fi much of the time - I don't have unlimited data plan. At home my ISP router - no issues and at work - enterprise router/wireless also no issue. If there were I'd be aware. That is for both H811 & H815.

I wonder if T-Mobile and AT&T's recent mandatory updates addressed the problem?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX