MacBook Pro not seeing phone

mamoh

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I've installed the most current driver, but it's not showing up under devices when using the supplied USB data/charging cable...any ideas? thx

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I've installed the most current driver, but it's not showing up under devices when using the supplied USB data/charging cable...any ideas? thx

Try unlocking your developer options and turning on usb debugging. See if the Mac recognizes the phone that way.

Go to settings, about phone, software info, tap on build number until it says the options are unlocked. Back out and go on to the developer options and check USB debugging. Make sure you are not plugged in to the Mac yet.

Current devices: T-Mobile G4, Surface Pro 3 Core I5, and Moto 360

Past Devices - Phones: Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 4, Nexus 6, Nexus 5, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S2, HTC Incredible, HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO, HTC Hero, Motorola Photon.

Tablets: Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 7 (2012), Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Windows 8.1, Dell Venue 8, Galaxy Tab Pro, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note 8, Kindle Fire HD 8.4, Kindle Fire HD 7, Kindle Fire, iPad 2, iPad 1, Nook HD, Nook.

mamoh

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
thx....tried that, but no success...the verizon mobile comes up in the finder and loads the mac driver to install the software, which is already installed, but isn't being seen....confusing...

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It's always been my understanding that you have to use Android File Transfer and your OEM USB cable with the Android to Mac links. I've never tried plugging in my Android phones to my MacBook Pro, because I have a Windows desktop.

mamoh

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
that android file transfer doesn't recognize a connection even when using the supplied usb cable....hard to believe I'm the only one with this problem, but I guess I am...

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
DEV options are the same. Settings/about phone/Software info/tap repeatedly on Build Number. Go back to Settings and you'll see it above About Phone. Just like the G3.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
that android file transfer doesn't recognize a connection even when using the supplied usb cable....hard to believe I'm the only one with this problem, but I guess I am...

I will try and see if mine works tonight, if I think about it when I get home.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
DEV options are the same. Settings/about phone/Software info/tap repeatedly on Build Number. Go back to Settings and you'll see it above About Phone. Just like the G3.

My att version neither has it in 'about phone' heading nor under settings

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Ignore the drivers thing. You're not using Windows.

Did you change the connection to MTP? Pull down the notification shade and get to the options from there.

2015-06-10 20.17.38.jpg

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
So, I downloaded and installed Android File Transfer for Mac on my MacBook Pro last night. Prior to installing it on my MacBook Pro, I could not transfer files. After installing it on my MacBook Pro, I could transfer files. Are you sure it's installed on your Mac? If it is and it's not working, I'd suggest contacting Android File Transfer on their support page: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2840804

I used an old Moto cable to connect my International Version LG G4 to the laptop. It says that you should use the cable that came with the phone, so maybe try that if it's still not working? Also, I do not have an AT&T/T-Mobile/Verizon/Sprint G4. I have the International version, so maybe there's a difference in the US versions?

mamoh

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I do have the file transfer on the mac an it sees the kindle fire just fine....and a windows machine recognized my phone and I could look at files without installing any software. I contacted Verizon and they were getting in touch with Apple to see if they had any ideas...I've tried different cables and they all work to pull up the MacDriver software for LG/Verizon, but for some reason the file transfer software doesn't see the device and I'm wondering if there is some kind of override being done by the LG software....

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Weird. Sorry I can't help out. I've got the INternational version, not the Verizon model, so maybe it's the US LG software? I'd like to know what Apple says. Keep me updated.