LG G4 Wireless Qi Charging

merlec92

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I just upgraded from A G3 and as you know LG has dropped the ball with wireless charging in the US. I purchased wireless charging back/case combo (not a circle case) from a retailer in the UK and it worked great but I could not use a good case with it. I also purchased an inexpensive NFC/Qi sticker to the replace the NFC sticker in my stock back. It worked but the charging was very unreliable.

That said, I was not going to get the G4 because of the lack of reasonable and accessible options but I got the G4 anyway hoping that an good Qi charging accessory would be out soon. $50 for an LG quick circle case is ridiculous in my opinion.

What I would like to do is find a good replacement back with Qi charging or a good replacement plastic back and a Qi/NFC sticker that actually works well.

Please respond if anyone finds some good options, Thanks-

merlec92

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
In my 1st post I said the quick circle case was not an option. I'm looking for a replacement back that is qi compliant. There are some for the G3 but they do not work well

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have tried the eBay stickers and it has been hit and miss as far as reliability, consistency, etc.
I do not recall anyone ever coming out with a OE style back with Qi for the G3 so that may be the case with G4.
I know it's hard to swallow the Quick Circle case price but for both the G3 and G4 I bit the bullet and pulled the Qi stickers and put them in the OE backs for both the G3 and G4. They work all the time, every time and I was able to sell the Quick Circle Qi cases as NFC only cases.

In my 1st post I said the quick circle case was not an option. I'm looking for a replacement back that is qi compliant. There are some for the G3 but they do not work well

merlec92

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Thanks BBSeattle.. For my G3, I did a lot of research and found an original LG G3 case that I ordered from the UK called the LG rugged case that was Qi enabled and was said to work with my US Sprint G3. It was an LG product and it worked very well but it was a combination case/back much like the quick circle case without the front cover. It didn't protect the phone very well so I quit using it after awhile.
Your idea of getting a Quick Circle case for the Qi/NFC pad and putting it in my starndard case sounds interesting. It may be the only reliable way to go. Did you have any issues with pulling the pad out of the QC case and did it still have enough sticky to reinstall it? Also I wonder if the G3 Qi sticker has the same pin out as the G4.. Hmm, I'll have to check on that.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
G3 pin placement is different.
Use a hairdryer to soften the adhesive.
More than enough adhesive left to reapply.
I took the G3 sticker on and off at least 5 times.

Thanks BBSeattle.. For my G3, I did a lot of research and found an original LG G3 case that I ordered from the UK called the LG rugged case that was Qi enabled and was said to work with my US Sprint G3. It was an LG product and it worked very well but it was a combination case/back much like the quick circle case without the front cover. It didn't protect the phone very well so I quit using it after awhile.
Your idea of getting a Quick Circle case for the Qi/NFC pad and putting it in my starndard case sounds interesting. It may be the only reliable way to go. Did you have any issues with pulling the pad out of the QC case and did it still have enough sticky to reinstall it? Also I wonder if the G3 Qi sticker has the same pin out as the G4.. Hmm, I'll have to check on that.

merlec92

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Great, I realized you must have known the answer after I replied. Thanks for your help. I'll see what comes out in the next month and in nothing else I'll go for the QC case change out.

ozz101

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Qi nfc sticker on Amazon and so far it's working fine.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 4202.jpg
    4202.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 253

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2