Bluetooth Media audio doesn't connect

kaiserlich

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I used to have LG G2 and used bluetooth in the car to play music or make calls. With the LG G4 it did only connect with "Call audio" but not "Media audio", so i couldn't play music through bluetooth. I played around and found out, when i only enable the bluetooth setting "Media audio" and disable "Call audio" i can actually connect and play music. When i then enable "Call audio" too afterwards it actually works both. But when i have both enabled and connect with my car, only "Call audio" is enabled and "Media audio" not. I have checked the settings from the car and it has always enabled call & music. Does anybody know this issue? Is there a fix for that?

I guess there is some "handshake" for the media audio missing by my car, that before was not necessary, but now is. Can i somehow force my LG G4 to always do "Call audio" and "Media audio" at the same time, even if the other device is not recognized as a "media audio" device by the phone?

Many thanks in advance!

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
For all the Bluetooth devices I have they show up as headphones with a microphone. If you configure them they have check boxes for media audio or call audio and both are checked.

Devices are Bluebuds, jabra solemate, and jawbone jambox.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I rent cars all the time for work. With the Lollipop update for my G2 I noticed the same with one car. What I ended up doing is turning Bluetooth off then back on and it would connect to both. Funny thing was it was a Nissan Altima that didn't work and two other Nissan Altimas did.

kaiserlich

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
To maxburn, when i have checked both (which is default i guess), only call audio connects as i have written before which is shown as well in the text by LG G4 under bluetooth.

To Mikey47, Turning bluetooth off and enable it back again didn't work when i tried it for my phone (disconnect & reconnect, restart device, disable & enable bluetooth, unpair & pair again) and the car (switch off car, start again) many times under different conditions and the only thing so far that worked is that having only media audio enabled first - but that's very unhandy workaround and takes me always about 30 sec until everything works. Thanks anyways!

TourATL

May 17, 2011
Visit site
The first two days I had my G4 it wouldn't pair with my car. I downloaded the update and it paired the next time I got in my car. I don't think it was the update itself, maybe the cache was wiped during the install.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The first two days I had my G4 it wouldn't pair with my car. I downloaded the update and it paired the next time I got in my car. I don't think it was the update itself, maybe the cache was wiped during the install.

Posted via the Android Central App

Good point. Maybe clearing the data from the Bluetooth app might be the trick.

efi fani

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
I was facing the same issue , i got a solution for the specific media not working on Bluetooth prob. Rename the device . unpair it . restart the phone . and connect again . hope it works . worked for me .

WinBuddy

Feb 7, 2018
Visit site
With the LG G4 it did only connect with "Call audio" but not "Media audio", so i couldn't play music through bluetooth.

Had a similar issue with the LG G3 and it was a driver problem, so I was able to download a firmware upgrade via an app from the device manufacturer (in this case, plantronics BackBeat FIT app) as a fix. Now it automatically connects both to media and call audio when the device is connected. Running Android version 6.0.

MMR13

Mar 5, 2018
Visit site
I have somewhat the same problem using my Xiaomi Mi 6 to connect to my newly installed Pioneer DEH-S4050BT.
The issue is that all other devices can easily connect to the car audio set and play music on spotify or any other music apps, but my phone connects only to the "Call Audio" while having all of the check marks as the "Media Audio" and "Contact Sharing" active.
I tried nearly everything I could; tested my Mi 6 on another car audio set to make sure the bluetooth streaming is working and it worked on the other car, tried resetting the car audio, resetting the phone, even tried factory resetting the car audio (!), and still no luck.
The interesting part of this story is that when I connect my Mi 6 to the DEH-S4050BT everything is fine; the car audio set rings when my phone ring and it perfectly streams calls, and it even recognises the music track I'm playing by showing the name of the track, the switches work and do change the track from the car audio set through my phone, BUT IT DOESN'T PLAY ANY MUSIC OUT OF THE PHONE! :S

grabbr

Dec 13, 2018
Visit site
I was facing the same issue , i got a solution for the specific media not working on Bluetooth prob. Rename the device . unpair it . restart the phone . and connect again . hope it works . worked for me .

Rename which device? The bluetooth connection??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173