Take a picture while recording video?

sata

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Is it possible to snap a picture while recording video? It was possible on the G2, but when Im recording video (I only tried with UHD selected), there is no button to click but the pause or stop button.

Clicking on the screen focuses on that spot.

Also, if its possible to do this while recording video (Can't see why they removed it), will it take the shot of the same quality as if I am using the camera simple mode (16:9 16MP)?

Last thing on a similar subject, is it possible to have a slider to focus (from max to minimum like in the manual camera shooting mode)? Because if I am clicking on the screen, I don't know how close I can get to the (lets say small) subject I am recording video of, so I have to back up if it wont focus... hope you understand me.

Thanks

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can take pictures while recording video on 1080p or less. Uhd doesn't allow you to take pictures while recording. The picture quality looks good imo. Can't say if it is exactly the same or not as I haven't done a side by side comparison

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

sata

May 2, 2015
Visit site
OK will try to record in 1080P and take a picture at the same time, and see the picture quality.

I just assumed it is possible to do while recording UHD video, but I guess they would have made it possible if it actually was.