Video settings in stock camera app

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a couple questions regarding video settings in the stock camera app:

- When I switch from picture mode to video mode, it automatically starts recording video. Is there a way to prevent that? I'd rather have the control of when to start recording.

- Is there a way to adjust video settings without having to switch back to picture mode? For instance, to change the video quality or slow-mo, you have to be in picture mode, then tap the gear icon, then the 16:9 icon. Is there a way to adjust those things when you're in video mode?

Posted via the Android Central App

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
there's no 'Photo' and 'Video' mode... it's just all in one mode now. If you don't like it, you could download a 3rd party camera app. Camera Zoom FX or Camera360. etc..

jcastilloalonso

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

You can't really do that. The way the camera is supposed to work is in a "camera/video" hybrid standby mode. There you can shoot pictures or select the start recording video, there's not a direct camera/video mode.

You can select all your settings for the video, then press the start recording button and it will start recording, but those settings fill unfortunately also be used for photos.

Hope I was able to explain how it works!

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
there's no 'Photo' and 'Video' mode... it's just all in one mode now. If you don't like it, you could download a 3rd party camera app. Camera Zoom FX or Camera360. etc..

Ah, I see what my problem was now. I was hitting the pause button to stop my videos, rather than stop. Sounds dumb now that I'm typing it out, but when you pause, you don't have access to the settings. When you actually hit stop, then you see the settings, and you're right, it's not really camera vs. video mode. Makes sense now. Just getting used to a different way of doing things.