Will you keep or return/sell your G4?

Will you be keeping your G4 or returning/selling it?

• Total voters

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Now that the phone has been out a few weeks, just curious if everyone is keeping or returning / selling (if you are past your return window)?

And why are you keeping or returning / selling? And what phone will you be going to if you are returning / selling?

Last edited:

mrcrusha829

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Got mine on the 10th of June. Contemplating a return as the touch screen is driving nuts when i want to do something quick.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Haven't made a decision. I have some bad battery drain issues and overheat issues as well as touchscreen issues. If I can get those resolved or mitigated then I will keep it for now.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I am still undecided. I have a few days left. I love the brighter display and camera. Not a fan of the taller design and bigger chin. Haven't had any lag, but did have a few things pop up that I didn't like. In the end, not sure it is worth the step up from my G3.

Posted via the Android Central App

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Haven't made a decision. I have some bad battery drain issues and overheat issues as well as touchscreen issues. If I can get those resolved or mitigated then I will keep it for now.

Same here, basically. My concerns are about battery, heat, and charge-speed issues. I may try and swap it for a different unit to see if that helps.

I'm OK with the touchscreen, and I'm hoping a software tweak may be able to improve sensitivity. Otherwise than the items listed above I'm very happy with it. Perhaps an OS update can improve battery usage.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I really like the G4. It is an excellent device and I've really struggled with the decision. However, this morning I finally decided to reset the device and package it up to send back to T-Mobile. Going to stick with my S6 for now. In the end I just slightly preferred the build, display, and camera of the S6 over the G4 by the slimmest of margins. The display is the only thing where I think the S6 has an absolute advantage, everything else is pretty much splitting hairs and I'd be very content with either phone. Battery life, for my use, has been pretty much equal between the two.

firefight352

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Keep! Screen sensitivity only negative, and its not terrible. Battery and screen for me have been amazing. I have zero lag issues.

I think a future patch can correct the sensitive issue, so for me, a switch to anything else would be a downgrade.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine for under a week and am returning it. The phone gets way too hot (gsam battery temp was 117 degrees while watching youtube for short period of time). Couldn't even touch the phone. A few other gripes along with it such as tap to unlock not working as it should, auto brightness is terrible. When I get a phone calls at times, I cant slide to answer as the phone dims to an unreadable level for no apparent reason. Also experienced battery drain. Too bad, I actually like the phone but not willing to live with overheating issues.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
why what happen

I turned it on after charging and it started freezing up and overheating.

I reset it 3 times and it finally it stopped overheating, but I have some severe touch screen issues that I have never had before, and my battery life is dropping pretty much too. My WiFi reception has dropped off as well. Nothing wrong with my router or cable reception.

I have had great luck with it up to now, but my gut is telling me that there is something definitely wrong with the phone.

We shouldn't have to be resetting this all the time nor be factory resetting just to get a weeks usage out of it.

I don't know but if I can't fix this today it will be gone tomorrow

Posted with my awesome LG g4

iPhoneTHS

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I switched from a GN3 about a week back and am pleased with this device. The screen and UI are esthetically pleasing. The battery life compared to the 3 is BANANAS. Sounds like I'm one of the lucky ones in that regard.

robmom71

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I am keeping mine. The size and overall performance fits my needs best. And with the added benefit of expandable storage and a removable battery I am very satisfied.

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I turned it on after charging and it started freezing up and overheating.

I reset it 3 times and it finally it stopped overheating, but I have some severe touch screen issues that I have never had before, and my battery life is dropping pretty much too. My WiFi reception has dropped off as well. Nothing wrong with my router or cable reception.

I have had great luck with it up to now, but my gut is telling me that there is something definitely wrong with the phone.

We shouldn't have to be resetting this all the time nor be factory resetting just to get a weeks usage out of it.

I don't know but if I can't fix this today it will be gone tomorrow

Posted with my awesome LG g4

That is crazy. I really am curious as to what happened overnight that would have caused things to go haywire. Have you tried pulling the battery and letting the phone sit for 10-20 minutes??

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Keeping, for obvious to some reasons lol

But i'd keep this regardless. It suits my needs in design and functionality

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Selling it once Moto X 2015 or new Nexus comes. Nothing to do with G4 since I'm crazy and keep switching to every flagship.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Keeping, for obvious to some reasons lol

But i'd keep this regardless. It suits my needs in design and functionality

If we were all so lucky to be you, lol! :p

Seriously, I feel the same as you! Suits my needs in design functionality very well! :)

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Selling it once Moto X 2015 or new Nexus comes. Nothing to do with G4 since I'm crazy and keep switching to every flagship.

If the Moto X and/or Nexus put a camera equal to the S6, G4, or iPhone 6 in it, then it's game over for me. I much prefer android as pure as it can get.