Honest opinion coming from Nokia 925

Neill Baldwin

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
So I've been a windows phone user for the last 3 years so I can't compare to the last several Android phones. Will start with couple of things I miss from L925. Although the G4 is really smooth, it's just not the same as the Windows phone and this could just be an OS thing. For example, when you scroll on the Lumia, it's kind of like a wheel, it just keeps going till it runs out of momentum. While the LG4 is smooth, I kind of have to get use to scrolling and just kind of having it stop. The second thing I miss is of course the live tiles. Since Microsoft made it more customizable( transparent tiles to show wallpaper, more tile sizes) it's just nice to have. The thing that makes it a little bit easier to deal with is the complete customazation with widgets and tiles on Android. Thank goodness I didn't switch to iPhone, don't think I could do it.
Now the great aspects of this phone. The camera is amazing IMHO and that's saying something coming from a Lumia. The speed and quality just using the automatic setup is unbelievable to me. Add to that the neat feature to be able to write on my pics is great. The quick memo is a really neat feature. The knock to wake/knock to sleep is another nice feature, especially coming from the 925 since I used that all the time to wake the phone. The speaker sounds pretty good to me. Much better than my previous 2 phones, and while not the front facing stereo sound of the HTC phones, more than good enough for me. I'm getting used to and now liking the button placement on the back. I don't accidentaly turn the phone off or change the volume while holding it like other phones. The screen is incredible. I loved the Amoled screen but really like the sharp natural color reproduction on this phone. Last but not least, it's nice to have a removable back again with access to the SD card slot and the ability to change the battery out.

mlk4114

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Nice to see this as I'm switching from a Lumia Icon to the G4. I've never had an Android phone, so it'll definitely be a learning experience for me. How tough was it for you to transfer your contacts, pictures, and other info from the Windows system to Android? I'm on Verizon, if that makes any difference. I've tried to find information on doing the transfer, but can't find anything out there. Just curious. I hope to enjoy the G4 as much as you seem to. Thanks,
Mark

Neill Baldwin

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Nice to see this as I'm switching from a Lumia Icon to the G4. I've never had an Android phone, so it'll definitely be a learning experience for me. How tough was it for you to transfer your contacts, pictures, and other info from the Windows system to Android? I'm on Verizon, if that makes any difference. I've tried to find information on doing the transfer, but can't find anything out there. Just curious. I hope to enjoy the G4 as much as you seem to. Thanks,
Mark

I'm on AT&T so I just had them transfer all my contacts at the store. I didn't have them transfer the pics and stuff as I have the backed up on Onedrive and just kind of wanted a clean start with the new phone. I since just dl'd a few from one drive to the new phone with no issues whatsoever.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
It's not 100% the same, but just so you know, if you miss the look and feel of Windows Phone, there are some really fantastic launchers out there in the Play Store to bring it to your Android phone. :) Just search "windows phone launcher".

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I tried to download a WP launcher and it was really kind of funny how bad it was, which one do you recommend?

Oh, that's a shame. :-( Honestly, when the G3 came out my friend picked it up but was coming from a Nokia Windows Phone, and so I had searched for a launcher and found two good ones. They both did things slightly differently, so they had their respective good points and bad points. I don't remember their names, so you'd have to weed through your search :-\

sjhippie

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
This is good to read. I'm on a Lumia 920 and finally ready to move. I love my Lumia but the OS is finally showing its age. My gf just got a Galaxy 6 and I'm done being jealous of all the features I didn't know I was missing. I was the guy saying "eh, I don't need apps" but seeing the neutered apps in Win OS as compared to what was on the Android platform was the final straw.

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I moved from the 920 and got the s6 edge and its been amazing. I was also one of them guys who didn't really need the apps but I think it's more to do with the app quality then the actual apps in the store. Microsoft took the pee and my 920 was old and there was and is still no mention of a flagship device. If the s6 edge had WP OS on it and the apps got better I would defo get it again.

Posted via the Android Central App

JmpnJeronimo

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I will be keeping my 920 for awhile as its in mint condition, works flawlessly and has been the best phone I've ever owned. I made the jump to the G3 last year then gave it back on day 13... This time I've decided to stay put with the G4 but once they get Win10 rolled out and put on a flagship phone (this WILL happen) I will most likely be going back.

Neill Baldwin

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I will be keeping my 920 for awhile as its in mint condition, works flawlessly and has been the best phone I've ever owned. I made the jump to the G3 last year then gave it back on day 13... This time I've decided to stay put with the G4 but once they get Win10 rolled out and put on a flagship phone (this WILL happen) I will most likely be going back.

I'm waiting on the new technical build today and will install it on my 925 to see what I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463