Can the Korean LG G4 work in the US?

MurphyWesly

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
can the korean lg g4 work in us

The phone is brand new. Can the Korean lg g4 work I'm the states? Is there anything I can do to make it work?

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: can the korean lg g4 work in us

I do believe the AC team used the Korean model in the US on certain carriers, perhaps not with ALL of the working bands though.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I believe so but you won't get LTE... If I am thinking correctly.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I believe so but you won't get LTE... If I am thinking correctly.

If it's the same model that was sent to us (H815?), and you're on AT&T, then all you have to do is plug in the APN settings and you'll get LTE speeds. You won't see the LTE signal, but I did have LTE speeds using the GoPhone account and my Brother-in-law had them this weekend.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

If it's the same model that was sent to us (H815?), and you're on AT&T, then all you have to do is plug in the APN settings and you'll get LTE speeds. You won't see the LTE signal, but I did have LTE speeds using the GoPhone account and my Brother-in-law had them this weekend.

Yeah the only reason I said that is because I remember watching a review where a guy had the Korean version and didn't get LTE on T-Mobile (only HSPA).

I have the international model -- and get LTE (as you said it shows 4G but 4G is LTE everywhere else in the world .. Only in America is it "4G LTE") on T-Mobile so it makes me wonder which one he had.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Yeah the only reason I said that is because I remember watching a review where a guy had the Korean version and didn't get LTE on T-Mobile (only HSPA).

I have the international model -- and get LTE (as you said it shows 4G but 4G is LTE everywhere else in the world .. Only in America is it "4G LTE") on T-Mobile so it makes me wonder which one he had.

Ya, my experience is only with AT&T. The OP didn't specify.

Hey OP! What carrier?

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

The one thing the OP did make clear it's the Korean model - so not the H815.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Need to know the exact model. Chances are it will work but in a limited capacity

Sent from my Asus Zenfone 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie