Syncing Symbol Always On Whilst Charging

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Whenever I plug my G4 in, the syncing symbol appears a few seconds later in my notification bar...

Screenshot_2015-06-17-10-17-23.jpg

It then disappears a few seconds after I unplug.

It's not really effecting the performance as it's only on whilst charging (certainly better that way 'round...!), but I cannot figure out why it's appearing? I thought may it was Photo's (which I had on back up whilst charging only), but that's now un-installed, and it still happens. I only have e-mail and a couple of apps set to sync, and they are at regular intervals such 1 or 3 hours.

Just curious, but it does mean the phone is always quite warm whilst charging which it wasn't before it started occurring.

Any ideas?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
It might internal setting that tells the apps you have approved to sync to automatically sync when a power source is plugged in. OR something you have disabled might be set to sync when a power source is connected. Just my guess.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten it a few times too, but it didn't go away for awhile. It bugged me enough to reboot and it was gone. Couldn't see anything in the notification shade to tell what it was despite it being in the notification panel up top.

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I've gotten it a few times too, but it didn't go away for awhile. It bugged me enough to reboot and it was gone. Couldn't see anything in the notification shade to tell what it was despite it being in the notification panel up top.

Yeah - I've actually been getting it sporadically off charger all afternoon now too, but with no noticeable impact on battery and no heating up issues.

I have read that Google services are quite aggressive since the last update, so it could be that. I have noticed that it often pops up when I make a change to my Google calendar too.

I'll live with it as long as it doesn't start happening heavily off charger and killing the power.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would say plug in and then go to your Google Account sync settings -- see if something is stuck at "Syncing..." within that list.