I think I've got issues, I need help

noobsquared

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
noobsquared, I think you need to think about what is most important to you in a phone and go with the phone that meets that need the best. I have some issues with my G4 with the touch screen, but I also like to use my touch screen with my middle finger, so I've had issues with touch screens on all phones because of that. But yes, I have noticed in the past week that my touch screen has been a little less sensitive than the week before. I also went from having an Otterbox Defender screen protector over a Zagg Invisibleshield screen protector to just having the Otterbox Defender screen protector. I had that annoying oil slick on the screen when I was using both. But I honestly think the phone was more sensitive to my touch when it had the two screen protectors on it as opposed to the one. But, anyway, I digress.........for me, having a fantastic camera was a top priority, as well as having a large screen. I was also tired of iOS - always the same phone, just with a faster processor and a larger screen for a ton of more money. I wanted customization. I did the research and tech journalists on various sites were raving about the camera on the G4. I went to an AT&T store before the G4 came out and played with the G3. I was happy with it and considered just buying it, but I waited for the G4 and took the leap of faith. The camera is phenomenal. I love the large screen. I love that the phone is light, even in an Otterbox Defender case. I love the customization of Android and the LG UI. I don't like that I sometimes have to tap a letter on the screen more than once when I'm texting. But for me, it's not a dealbreaker. If it is for you, that isn't a bad thing. Everyone is different and has different needs. You don't need to feel bad if you weren't happy with the G4 and everyone else seems to be. A lot of people think I'm nuts for giving up on iOS. I don't care. I think you need to take your time and try out EVERY Android phone you can try in every store you can go to. And then don't buy on the spot. Go home and think about it. Do more research online. Maybe you would like an HTC phone? I tried some of those out the night I tried out the G3, and they were very good contenders. I remember them having good keyboards. They have their downsides, like the batteries being sealed in them, but again, it's about what YOU can live with and not what anyone else wants/thinks. :-*

Could not have said it better. Very well put and that is exactly what I did. I got another one couple days ago and realized that this camera leaves my 6+ in dust. Bonus was that this has better touchscreen too. Not as bad so I'm happy! Thanks for everyone's input. Glad this forum is filled with a bunch of nice people and not haters.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
noobsquared, I think you need to think about what is most important to you in a phone and go with the phone that meets that need the best. I have some issues with my G4 with the touch screen, but I also like to use my touch screen with my middle finger, so I've had issues with touch screens on all phones because of that. But yes, I have noticed in the past week that my touch screen has been a little less sensitive than the week before. I also went from having an Otterbox Defender screen protector over a Zagg Invisibleshield screen protector to just having the Otterbox Defender screen protector. I had that annoying oil slick on the screen when I was using both. But I honestly think the phone was more sensitive to my touch when it had the two screen protectors on it as opposed to the one. But, anyway, I digress.........for me, having a fantastic camera was a top priority, as well as having a large screen. I was also tired of iOS - always the same phone, just with a faster processor and a larger screen for a ton of more money. I wanted customization. I did the research and tech journalists on various sites were raving about the camera on the G4. I went to an AT&T store before the G4 came out and played with the G3. I was happy with it and considered just buying it, but I waited for the G4 and took the leap of faith. The camera is phenomenal. I love the large screen. I love that the phone is light, even in an Otterbox Defender case. I love the customization of Android and the LG UI. I don't like that I sometimes have to tap a letter on the screen more than once when I'm texting. But for me, it's not a dealbreaker. If it is for you, that isn't a bad thing. Everyone is different and has different needs. You don't need to feel bad if you weren't happy with the G4 and everyone else seems to be. A lot of people think I'm nuts for giving up on iOS. I don't care. I think you need to take your time and try out EVERY Android phone you can try in every store you can go to. And then don't buy on the spot. Go home and think about it. Do more research online. Maybe you would like an HTC phone? I tried some of those out the night I tried out the G3, and they were very good contenders. I remember them having good keyboards. They have their downsides, like the batteries being sealed in them, but again, it's about what YOU can live with and not what anyone else wants/thinks. :-*

I usually give up on some long comments as some including mine actually teehee can be rambles and or a shambles, but this was well thought out 😜

Posted via the Android Central App

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
There is no perfect phone. There is always one or two things missing. Note 4 love it but not a huge fan of touch wiz and always have GPS problems. IPhone 6 Plus, great build great battery but boring. Always want to love it bit always come back to Android. Nexus 6 great but too big average camera. I think the g4 is a near perfect device for me. I find it nearly as smooth as my nexus 6. The battery life is its Achilles but I can work with it when I know the limitations. Everything else is really nice with less compromises for me. But everyone has their own must have features. Mine are big nice screen, really good camera, good solid gps then battery life. G4 exceeds those.

Posted via the Android Central App

Slytherin_Princess

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Could not have said it better. Very well put and that is exactly what I did. I got another one couple days ago and realized that this camera leaves my 6+ in dust. Bonus was that this has better touchscreen too. Not as bad so I'm happy! Thanks for everyone's input. Glad this forum is filled with a bunch of nice people and not haters.

Do you mean you exchanged the G4 for another G4 or you exchanged it for another brand/type of phone? Thank you for the compliment. I did find one hater in another thread, but I engaged once to defend myself and then started ignoring him when he started in with the ignorant comebacks. I've only been a member since Saturday, and I love everyone here and my overall experience has been positive. So if you get attacked by an ignorant hater, just ignore them. There are 99% good people here and only 1% bad.

Last edited:

noobsquared

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean you exchanged the G4 for another G4 or you exchanged it for another brand/type of phone? Thank you for the compliment. I did find one hater in another thread, but I engaged once to defend myself and then started ignoring him when he started in with the ignorant comebacks. I've only been a member since Saturday, and I love everyone here and my overall experience has been positive. So if you get attacked by an ignorant hater, just ignore them. There are 99% good people here and only 1% bad.

I went from S6 to G4 to S6 Edge to another G4. I'm using G4 right now and it doesn't have half the issues that previous G4 had. It was annoying to use day to day. This one is much better. I agree, with every other phone, you lose something or the other but with G4, you get the most features without sacrificing much. I finally got 12+ hours out of the phone with 3+ hours SOT so I think this phone can only get better from here :)

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I went from S6 to G4 to S6 Edge to another G4. I'm using G4 right now and it doesn't have half the issues that previous G4 had. It was annoying to use day to day. This one is much better. I agree, with every other phone, you lose something or the other but with G4, you get the most features without sacrificing much. I finally got 12+ hours out of the phone with 3+ hours SOT so I think this phone can only get better from here :)

Nice! glad it worked out!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2