LG G4 Notification and Call ringtone volume are the same. Does this bother anyone else?

chamomiami

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Actually just forgot on my G3 how was, but with the G4 is very irritating can't separate ringtone volume from notification.. Notification are too loud and if I down the volume I miss all calls, already tried like 5+ app that control volume but not one work..

Any ideas??

Posted via the Android Central App

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Actually just forgot on my G3 how was, but with the G4 is very irritating can't separate ringtone volume from notification.. Notification are too loud and if I down the volume I miss all calls, already tried like 5+ app that control volume but not one work..

Any ideas??

On the G3 it was separate!
It's very annoying this way but I found a app that splits it!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=netroken.android.persistfree&token=9PssJUKf

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded.. Set ringtone and locked set notification and locked... Not working :(

Works for me! In the settings there is a option to split the notifications from the ringtone after setting that try it

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I use the Hide It Pro app. It has a fully functional Audio Manager that splits the Ringer and Notification volumes as well as the apps true nature.

uploadfromtaptalk1434683650071.jpg

Sent from my Verizon LG G4 via Tapatalk

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this also when I first bought my G4. I downloaded Zedge for my ringtones and notifications sounds...then I went into the individual app, i.e. messages or Hangouts, and changed the notification sound in the app. It worked...I have different notification sounds with different apps.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Any ideas??

I'm hoping they push a software update to address this - among the other things like the picture rotation. Doesn't make sense to me to have them together but then again.....what do I know. Lol

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Just hit the lil settings icon next to the volume selector in the drop down quick settings and you will get the options in the picture I attached.

Attachments

• 1434715127474.jpg
    1434715127474.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 67

chamomiami

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Works for me! In the settings there is a option to split the notifications from the ringtone after setting that try it

i finally found out how.. thanks very much, what im waiting to see now is if the app dont have any conflict because one or two i tried doesn't worked very well but not remember if this one was any of them Thanks!!!

raymondapex

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: LG G4 Notification and Call ringtone volume are the same. How can I split it in the settings ?

I just got my new LG G4, and found out that the ringtone and notification share the same volume setting. Pls help on how to split it, either in G4 settings or separate app. Thanks !

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone else recall?. I can't remember when it was... I think I had my nexus 4 when kit Kat came out and they merged these from being split and we all complained. Now it is going the other way and we are complaining again :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol