Anywhere to order ceramic back?

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Okay, call me crazy, but I'm actually not a big fan of the leather back on my G4. I'm a case addict and none of the cases I have fit very well due to the stitching, but I have not been able to find a single place on the internet that's selling the metallic grey/white/gold backs. Even LG's site only sells the leather.

Can anyone point me to a place where I can buy an OEM back plate?

EDIT: oh, and not the Amazon people selling them for $85. that's just stupid.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Okay, call me crazy, but I'm actually not a big fan of the leather back on my G4. I'm a case addict and none of the cases I have fit very well due to the stitching, but I have not been able to find a single place on the internet that's selling the metallic grey/white/gold backs. Even LG's site only sells the leather.

Can anyone point me to a place where I can buy an OEM back plate?

I got a grey one from Amazon. It came from Korea and took a bit of time (about a week), and it was expensive (80 bucks), but that's what I get for being impatient. It's OEM:

http://amzn.com/B00YSGP38G

So, you definitely *can*, depending on whether it's worth it to you or not.

Last edited:

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I'd say wait a little bit. It's only a matter of time before the backs are everywhere for cheaper.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I haven't found any yet (I looked out of curiosity). You're not crazy either -- I have the ceramic back (no leather).

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I got a grey one from Amazon. It came from Korea and took a bit of time (about a week), and it was expesnive (80 bucks), but that's what I get for being impatient. It's OEM:

http://amzn.com/B00YSGP38G

So, you definitely *can*, depending on whether it's worth it to you or not.

I just can't justify paying more for the plastic back than LG is charging for the leather back. I may just have to wait for the cellphone parts sites to get them in stock.

I haven't found any yet (I looked out of curiosity). You're not crazy either -- I have the ceramic back (no leather).

Ha, thanks. With everyone making such a big roar over the leather, I thought I was just weird for not liking it. Now if there were an Aluminum back plate, I'd be feeling that.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I just can't justify paying more for the plastic back than LG is charging for the leather back. I may just have to wait for the cellphone parts sites to get them in stock.

Ha, thanks. With everyone making such a big roar over the leather, I thought I was just weird for not liking it. Now if there were an Aluminum back plate, I'd be feeling that.

It really is a head scratcher that the two styles cost the same. Preferring the leather, I'm just fine with that!

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I got my G4 with ceramic back, and could have had leather, and use Spigen case. I wouldn't want to use the G4 without a case. Even with leather, not much to hold onto and I easy to slip out of the hand. The Spigen case has rubber on both ends, and around the front so easier to get a good grip.

But that leather...I might grab one when the price comes down.

Ragingredbull

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I was fortunate enough to get a gold plastic back with my black leather backed phone. Very nice of them(Mobile phones direct UK). I do like my black leather back. It feels great. I will see how well it lasts though. I also like cases on my phone so i may end up putting the plastic back on.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I got my G4 with ceramic back, and could have had leather, and use Spigen case. I wouldn't want to use the G4 without a case. Even with leather, not much to hold onto and I easy to slip out of the hand. The Spigen case has rubber on both ends, and around the front so easier to get a good grip.

But that leather...I might grab one when the price comes down.

I mainly use a case for the kick-stand. Otherwise I could see myself using it naked. I do take off my case when going to the pool hall due to the smoke -- If my case absorbed that smoke I would freak haha.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I was fortunate enough to get a gold plastic back with my black leather backed phone. Very nice of them(Mobile phones direct UK). I do like my black leather back. It feels great. I will see how well it lasts though. I also like cases on my phone so i may end up putting the plastic back on.

Posted via the Android Central App

Both make - sense - ceramic and leather. Lucky Canadians.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital