Got mine today! Coming from Nexus 6

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys just picked up a G4 this morning with the black leather back through Verizon. So far initial impressions are very good... Will update after some further usage. Still not the biggest fan of non stock Android but the LG UI is certainly getting better.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ragingredbull

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the best club around. I also have the black leather. I love this phone so far. I hope you have a great experience with it.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Glad to have you here in the G4 wonderland, hope your having a great experience, be sure to keep us updated.

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I like to have a brown leather so I can change as well. Looked into the buy one get one deal but they really only have the red that would be worth buying would have been nice to purchase that brown with the red!

Slytherin_Princess

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I got mine two weeks ago, and I love it! :D I didn't get the leather back, though, because I put mine in an Otterbox. I don't trust myself with a phone that doesn't have armor! :-\ The LG UI doesn't bother me. The last Android phone I had was a DROID X and then I defected to Apple, but I'm back again. I think maybe the DROID X had stock Android, but I'm not sure. I had gotten rid of it because the Gingerbread update was making it act up and I got sick of it. So I'm not sure what on this phone is Android and what is LG, but I love it and I don't think I'll be going back to Apple! I'm not having any problems with it and I love the customization! :D

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I got mine two weeks ago, and I love it! :D I didn't get the leather back, though, because I put mine in an Otterbox. I don't trust myself with a phone that doesn't have armor! :-\ The LG UI doesn't bother me. The last Android phone I had was a DROID X and then I defected to Apple, but I'm back again. I think maybe the DROID X had stock Android, but I'm not sure. I had gotten rid of it because the Gingerbread update was making it act up and I got sick of it. So I'm not sure what on this phone is Android and what is LG, but I love it and I don't think I'll be going back to Apple! I'm not having any problems with it and I love the customization! :D

Ya got rid of the Apple Kool-Aid!

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I've got an otter box defender with mine... Not having any issues? The package says not for leather version but I'm not having any issue.

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I'll keep this updated as I go along certainly the first day is hardly much to go on but so far no issues. My thoughts on the touch screen issues that some are experiencing is I wonder if they are not tapping slowly enough. I noticed mine doesn't double tap to wake out sleep if I rapidly double tap. Every time I have made two deliberate taps in succession not an issue. So far the camera is great and loving the feel of the leather back. Some I guess don't care for it or say it feels plasticy but I think it feels great. I used a Blackberry Bold 9000 years ago and this feels as good if not better than that.... Very premium feeling.

WontonSoup

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I like it as well. I'm looking for an icon changer though because I don't like differences in icon between LG horrendous icon design and the material one of google. I'm also looking for a way to wireless charge without having to get that ugly quick circle case. If you come across one PLEASE do tell.

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I like it as well. I'm looking for an icon changer though because I don't like differences in icon between LG horrendous icon design and the material one of google. I'm also looking for a way to wireless charge without having to get that ugly quick circle case. If you come across one PLEASE do tell.

There are a few posts here about the stickers for wireless charging you can get off of amazon. I've used them in the past and they work well as long as you install them properly.

Posted via my Verizon Leather LG G4

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm finding the same thing with the slow vs. fast double taps.

Yeah it's not like its deadly slow but as I stated above more like deliberate taps with a very slight pause in between.

Mr PicC

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
So the otterbox defnder and leather back fit ok? I've got a leather back but desperately need a good case for work days.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey fellow Nexus 6 defector! I liked my my Nexus 6 but I'm enjoying this phone. Although I have installed some stock Google Apps.

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
So the otterbox defnder and leather back fit ok? I've got a leather back but desperately need a good case for work days.

Yeah no issues with mine anyways. I have the black leather back from Verizon. I have to use a otterbox defender or comparable case as I manage a dairy farm so heavy protection is a must for me. I take it out when I get home or go out and can have the nice leather back. It's working for me it is snugly in the case. My other thought when first looking at it was if I had to remove the gummy bumper under the phone to make room I could do that as well but didn't need to.

Mr PicC

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if there's any difference between the black and brown leather.
I'm in attics and on ladders on day on poles so a case is needed for sure. I've just been using my luck, and honestly luck wasn't with me when I dropped my nexus 6 a few weeks ago

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood