Adjusting Auto Brightness?

samefly

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
The auto brightness dims the screen too much when indoors/low light. Is there a way to adjust this (other than just turning it off)?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can make adjustments to auto brightness on the slider in the notification pull down

Sent from my Asus Zenfone 2

wassct

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
You can install lux from the play store.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4
I used to love lux but it continually goes to sleep and won't automatically adjust the brightness. When I turn the screen off and then back on it it's sleeping even after I turn it off. Weird but seems like a lollipop bug when you read the reviews in Google play. I've installed twice since getting my g4 with no luck. Hopefully the developer fixes at some point.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just installed the Lite version to try it out. So far it is working perfectly. At default it was too dim (at complete darkness) just like the default stock auto brightness. But after I figured out you could "link" your preferred setting, it seems to work great. I tried it outside in full light, around the house in the different brightness, turning on an off the screen a few times... all seem to work so far. I will test it out for a week or so and if it is still working I will pay for the full version to support the app.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the Auto Brightness setting is useless it's so dim.

What is the "baseline" setting? I tinkered around with a few different levels there and it seemingly makes no difference to the Auto response.

I've had brightness set at 50% since Monday when I got the phone, and dropped it to 47% this morning (and my screen shut off to 15 seconds from 30) to try and get more battery life. I'd definitely prefer a working Auto Brightness.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15