Delayed Home Screen

samefly

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
After using an app (doesn't seem to matter which one) I'll hit the home key to return to the home screen but when I do it will just show the wall paper and no apps. It takes a few seconds for the apps/widgets to appear. This is annoying. Tried restarting, didn't help. Cleared cache and closed apps to free up memory, still happens.

Anyone else with this problem? Is there a quick fix? I'm already tired of trouble shooting this phone.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
After using an app (doesn't seem to matter which one) I'll hit the home key to return to the home screen but when I do it will just show the wall paper and no apps. It takes a few seconds for the apps/widgets to appear. This is annoying. Tried restarting, didn't help. Cleared cache and closed apps to free up memory, still happens.

Anyone else with this problem? Is there a quick fix? I'm already tired of trouble shooting this phone.

Glass screen protector? G4 model number? Did you try factory reset?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I have had this happen with Nova launcher not on my G4 though. I ask are you stock and if yes then have you tried a reset (use a backup before you do) then failing that return for another.

If this is your only issue then don't be put off and get a replacement before giving up.

Good luck :)

Posted via the Android Central App

samefly

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Model: VS986 on Verizon

No screen protector, stock system, and current OS. I just got everything onto this phone and was hoping I didn't have to reset everything.

bmandrews7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
You could go into developer mode and reduce the animation time from stock x1 to x.5 that could give you the snappier feel you are going for.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you are seeing redraw of the home screen? That would mean the launcher is getting dumped from RAM when it shouldn't be if I understand you correctly.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
When Lollipop initially came out, my Nexus 5 had this issue happen constantly...it was infuriating. No app would stay open once I left it for even a second. Running Navigation along with Play Music in the car was an insane battle as each cut each other off and shut each other down.

Once 5.1 or 5.1.1 was released, all of that was fixed.

I haven't seen this issue on my G4 yet at all! Hopefully it won't creep up on me when I least expect it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy