Display Issues

btrotta

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
My G4 has started exhibiting some issues with the display beyond the usual poor touch response and dimness issues.

Occasionally I will touch the display and it will act like it's a split screen and half of the display will scroll as I swipe, while the other half with remain still. If I remove my finger and replace it on the screen it will go back to where I started and I can scroll normally.

The other, also intermittent issue is that the screen will occasionally split into 4 equal tiles with one of them displaying static, while the other 3 will have the appropriate image displayed with an obvious line separating each quadrant.

This sounds like a bad digitizer to me, but I'm wondering if any others have had similar issues and if you all agree with my diagnosis.

Thanks.

Brian

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I find myself unable to offer any diagnosis of that, I'm afraid....nor does it sound to me like something that would be likely to be fixed by a Factory Reset. Nevertheless, have you considered that?

Posted via the Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
That sounds like a return to sender kinda deal lol

Get the sucker replaced dude as belodion said I doubt a factory resest would cure.

But always worth a try as your going to have to do that if your returning anyway.

Good Luck.

Posted via the Android Central App

jhcee

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
i had encountered the same issue, except my screen is split into 2 from left to right. it started occuring every few times a day, but have progressively gotten worse, and now it is occuring every other swipe. as it stands now, the phone is pretty much useless as the 1/2 screen is illegible.....

I had brought it into authorized verizon store today and had it factory reset, with no success. they had ordered a replacement for me, and would be arriving in 3 to 5 days.

the store manager had mentioned that this is a known issue and that LG would be releasing a fix, and initially tried to have me live with the issue, which i wanted no part of. to add to injury, they will not be sending me a new phone, but rather a refurb.

Hope you have better luck with getting a new phone than me!