T-Mobile G4 > Verizon G4, IMHO

noobsquared

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I had a chance yesterday to play with my buddy's brown leather G4 against my 2nd G4 from Verizon.

I returned my G4 after realizing what the phone is vs. what Verizon has made it. My Verizon phone can't keep up with typing on google keyboard with vibrate feature on while his T-Mobile was flying. Verizon backs don't make you realize how good the brown leather feels in hand. I felt like it was a different phone!

Even with T-Mobile my account and other apps constantly running, that phone did everything faster than mine without heating at all.

He didn't disable a single app and even had lookouts and what not running and his phone felt perfect for the 20 minutes I was with him.

To people who have good T-Mobile coverage and love G4, T-Mobile brown leather is amazing. I would have switched to T-Mobile right now if I got reception around my house but just throwing it out there for people who want this phone, T-Mobile is the best version unless you go international.

Just wanted to share my observation with my G4 family. Amazing phone killed by Verizon :(

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: T-Mobile G4 > Verizon G4, IMHO

Not really surprising, but thanks for confirming it. I would love to switch for more pure phones to tmobile but coverage isn't as good and tmobile is way more expensive for my uses on my legacy Verizon plan.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

Not really surprising, but thanks for confirming it. I would love to switch for more pure phones to tmobile but coverage isn't as good and tmobile is way more expensive for my uses on my legacy Verizon plan.

IN this thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/536837-g8-2-x-g4-verizon-international.html you compared the Verizon version to International. Did you notice any performance difference - such as what the OP noticed? If anything the H815 performs equal or better than the T-Mobile version everything else being equal.

gaddang2

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I immediately installed Google keyboard when I got the phone. It lagged like crazy. This was my only problem with my G4 until I reverted back to stock keyboard. Zero lag.

Posted via my Verizon Ceramic White LG G4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

IN this thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/536837-g8-2-x-g4-verizon-international.html you compared the Verizon version to International. Did you notice any performance difference - such as what the OP noticed? If anything the H815 performs equal or better than the T-Mobile version everything else being equal.
Well on my h815, i ran it wifi only and yes it did seem to run smoother , but not sure if it was because of no mobile network or if it is better. Though it wouldn't surprise me if it was better as the Verizon one has to go through Verizon approval process.

I do notice lag on Swiftkey but very rarely on the Verizon. Didn't notice any lag on the h815

The touch screen on the h815 works better.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I immediately installed Google keyboard when I got the phone. It lagged like crazy. This was my only problem with my G4 until I reverted back to stock keyboard. Zero lag.

Posted via my Verizon Ceramic White LG G4

On my H811 I only use the Google keyboard, in fact the other day disabled the LG keyboard. No lag problems.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As for the keyboard I use SwiftKey. No lag but I am using the International Model w/ a T-Mobile SIM.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the H815 using Swiftkey with TMO sim and my device is running (so good!) smoothly! I do on occasion get a skip or 2 on the touch sensitivity but its very random.

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully Verizon can fix what they've screwed up. I'm not a fan of how my G4 heats up with virtually any use.

falc39

May 29, 2015
Visit site

Left Verizon a couple weeks ago. Happy with T-Mobile so far. It does seem that more complaints lately are coming from Verizon G4 owners.

T-Mobile did have a forced and rather large update for the G4 recently. Maybe that helped? Did Verizon get anything similar?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Verizon also screwed up their G3's with their version of Lollipop.
I'm soooo glad I ditched Verizon years ago.

Fred

Seems like they have because my brother is constantly calling me to complain about his G3 on Verizon. I tell him I don't have his issues on my G3 Sprint. Its unfortunate because its soured him on LG devices now. He wants to go back to Samsung or iphone now.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Left Verizon a couple weeks ago. Happy with T-Mobile so far. It does seem that more complaints lately are coming from Verizon G4 owners.

T-Mobile did have a forced and rather large update for the G4 recently. Maybe that helped? Did Verizon get anything similar?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
No update on Verizon yet.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

I switched from Verizon and now with AT&T. Running the G4 on AT&T and it's awesome. No overheating or lag at all. Using Google Keyboard with no problems.

Douglas_B

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site

I debated switching but on my current family plan I only pay $15 a month ($25 to add another 2 gigs of data, which I doubt I'll ever need). Still considering T-mobile for the next upgrade though, they continue to make smart changes to their plans and prices, more than I can say for the big red V.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63