Buying H815 on amazon/newegg

robef

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,
I have read reports of people buying the H815 on amazon/newegg/ebay and receiving the H815T Taiwanese version instead of the international (UK?) version. I'm mainly worried about any compatibility issues with At&t LTE stateside. Are there any other differences?

Anyone have experience buying through these third-party retailers?
If you have the international, non-taiwanese version, could you say where you got it? Thanks.

Last edited:

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
I have read reports of people buying the H815 on amazon/newegg/ebay and receiving the H815T Taiwanese version instead of the UK version. I'm mainly worried about any compatibility issues with At&t LTE stateside. Are there any other differences?

Anyone have experience buying through these third-party retailers? Thanks.

Only the H815 - UK version can have bootloader unlocked. As of now anyway. I'm not sure about other differences - LTE bands, etc.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,
I have read reports of people buying the H815 on amazon/newegg/ebay and receiving the H815T Taiwanese version instead of the UK version. I'm mainly worried about any compatibility issues with At&t LTE stateside. Are there any other differences?

Anyone have experience buying through these third-party retailers? Thanks.

I would check what bands the Taiwanese version comes with. I have the international H815 (same as UK model) and it has most of the bands for ATT and TMO.

robef

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone heard of Clove Technologies? Looks like a UK based retailer that ships to the US, wonder if I would have any better luck buying from them rather than a sketchy third-party amazon retailer? Or if all of this is worth the hassle and I should just buy the more expensive/full of bloatware/limited capability AT&T version....

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone heard of Clove Technologies? Looks like a UK based retailer that ships to the US, wonder if I would have any better luck buying from them rather than a sketchy third-party amazon retailer? Or if all of this is worth the hassle and I should just buy the more expensive/full of bloatware/limited capability AT&T version....

You can't go wrong with Amazon 3rd party. At least I haven't and have gotten free returns when stated not available.

Also, see http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/527756-lg-g4-models-cellular-frequencies.html for the H815T. There's a link at the bottom of the first post for source if you need more info.

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I used Clove before (I'm in the US in Arizona) and had no problems at all.
Having said that, I've also never had a problem with Amazon.

Fred

Hi guys,
I have read reports of people buying the H815 on amazon/newegg/ebay and receiving the H815T Taiwanese version instead of the international (UK?) version. I'm mainly worried about any compatibility issues with At&t LTE stateside. Are there any other differences?

Anyone have experience buying through these third-party retailers?
If you have the international, non-taiwanese version, could you say where you got it? Thanks.

AZbear

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I used Clove before (I'm in the US in Arizona) and had no problems at all.
Having said that, I've also never had a problem with Amazon.

Fred

I have also used Clove a couple of times. The latest purchase was my UK H815. I paid a little extra and got the phone 3 days after ordering.

Bear also in AZ