Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Go to the notification pull down and change the interruptions to none

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
This is how I felt when I got the 5.0 update on my Moto x. And a perfect example of someone trying to fix something that isn't broken, because they think they're smarter than us.

"Hey, you don't need silent. We've got something WAY better! "
I would punch the engineer(s) responsible for this mess, if I had the opportunity.

mge1201

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
This is how I felt when I got the 5.0 update on my Moto x. And a perfect example of someone trying to fix something that isn't broken, because they think they're smarter than us.

"Hey, you don't need silent. We've got something WAY better! "
I would punch the engineer(s) responsible for this mess, if I had the opportunity.

^ This. Silent mode got unnecessarily complicated.

SIOP

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
"Silence Premium" is an app worth every penny. App on your home screen, multiple schedules and options, super easy manual silencing, can have it automatically silence to match your calendar meetings, option to vibrate, blah blah.

Posted via the Android Central App

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Very easy to do.

Use your volume key, either up or down.

The volume slider shows up, all the way to the right of it is a icon showing what mode your phone is in. A star, a bell with a splash through it etc..

Click on that icon, a menu comes down from the slider and you pick what you want.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Very easy to do.

Use your volume key, either up or down.

The volume slider shows up, all the way to the right of it is a icon showing what mode your phone is in. A star, a bell with a splash through it etc..

Click on that icon, a menu comes down from the slider and you pick what you want.

That's not easy. Easy was pressing down on the volume until it was muted.

Wullie32

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
It's not as simple as it should be but the easiest way to do it, for me anyway, is to have All Interruptions turned on (no need to mess with priority), turn the phone down to Vibrate and set the Vibration strength down to the lowest setting.

Alarm still sounds but everything else is silent. I never have need for vibration so this works for me.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
On the ATT version I just have to tap on the "interruptions" button and set it to "no interruptions". That silences everything. Am I missing something here?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
That's not easy. Easy was pressing down on the volume until it was muted.

Have you tried it? At most would take a split second longer, may even be faster if the volume is up all the way.

I was just posting a way to do it that wasn't being discussed. I personally love priority because my favorites (wife and kids) can get hold of me when I'm sleeping. Unfortunately a couple of my children have medical problems and I need to be able to get hold of 24 hours a day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX