Manual camera app?

chamomiami

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
of course.. try in the dark to play with another phone flash light in front of your g4.. set the ISO to 50 and the shutter to 4sec ... move the flash around and take the pic with the g4..

robmom71

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
My son had to help me understand it but it is great once you become familiar with the terminology.

Posted via the Android Central App

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the OP is referring to https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=pl.vipek.camera2&hl=en&token=6YRG7pZy "Manual Camera" by Vipek -- I don't know about the 2 replies so far... can you all confirm we're talking about the same thing?

If you are referring to the Vipek "Manual Camera" app, I was not able to get it to work... I got the start screen, and then that quickly disappeared. I got my refund (found the problem within the allowed 15 minutes) and I've contacted the developer, but had no response.

On another note, there's G4 "alternative camera app" thread here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ther-camera-apps-provide-manual-controls.html

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
YES.... I'm talking about the Vipek application!!
Thank you sswitzer

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
YES.... I'm talking about the Vipek application!!

Hopefully the developer will fix the problem; since you purchased it, if you didn't go for the refund within 15 minutes you can leave feedback on the app at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=pl.vipek.camera2&hl=en&token=b8mMbqcW -- I got the refund so I can't leave a review -- and you can point out to the developer that the app doesn't work on the G4. I've had no response to my email, but I saw on one review that the developer actually responded to a review question.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Curious why someone would need a manual camera app with the manual controls already included in the G4?

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Curious why someone would need a manual camera app with the manual controls already included in the G4?

Two reasons that I've found:
  1. the included LG app rotates photos (for portrait pics) using Exif rotation data, and many apps (usually sharing apps, and this forum!) don't read that data... so portrait pics end up sideways. (See http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/538933-g4-pictures-rotating-after-sharing-sending-them.html ) This is not something built into the phone... it's the camera app itself that does this.
  2. the included LG app always shows the controls using white icons/text... and that can be nearly impossible to use in some circumstances.

The good news is that the LG camera app is making use of the new Lollipop "API 2" camera api so many of its features can be implemented using other apps (hence the reason for this thread!); the bad news is that there's literally only 5 other apps that use the API 2 camera api -- one of them (A Better Camera) doesn't do manual focus, and one of them (Vipek Manual Camera) doesn't work on the phone in it's current app version.

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

2 things I don't like about the included app:
1. The display settings are too small and hard to see in bright situations.
2. Can only use it right handed as the display doesn't rotate 360.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I quite enjoy stock but also use Camera Fv-5 & Dslr Camera because of the mentioned issue's.

Its great to have choice 😜

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I quite enjoy stock but also use Camera Fv-5 & Dslr Camera because of the mentioned issue's.

Its great to have choice 😜

Using key+ I have FV5 on volume up toggle.