Those with a G4 and S6 on AT&T, can I get real opinions on battery life between these devices.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I am using an S6 right now, I bought a G4 but had to return it the following after afternoon due to digitizer issues, it seemed the standby time was nice and it appeared the get better battery than my S6 even though I can typically last a day with about 4 hours SoT and not need to charge with moderate usage and a moot 360.

I pretty much love everything about the S6, but I have been using phones with larger screens for a while and kind of miss the 5.5 display and as much as I like the S6 something inside of me leaves me constantly thinking of something else as my daily driver, so I am obviously not 100 % sold.

I was hoping those with both phones could give me an honest opinion on battery between the two, and mostly those on AT&T since Verizon and T-Mobile seem to suffer.

It's crazy, reviewers say the G4 wins but tech sites say the S6 wins in battery time so I figure let me get some real user opinions.

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Those with a G4 and S6 on AT&T, can I get real opinions on battery life between these devices.

Well I'm not on at&t but my S6E trumps the G4 on the battery by quite some margin.

However with my use i can get 3 hrs screen on time with the G4 and work calls.

My S6E same usage i can comfortably & consistently get 5hrs screen on time.

Looking forward to root & roms for the G4 as i know the battery is capable of more 😀

Posted via the Android Central App

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I am using an S6 right now, I bought a G4 but had to return it the following after afternoon due to digitizer issues, it seemed the standby time was nice and it appeared the get better battery than my S6 even though I can typically last a day with about 4 hours SoT and not need to charge with moderate usage and a moot 360.

I pretty much love everything about the S6, but I have been using phones with larger screens for a while and kind of miss the 5.5 display and as much as I like the S6 something inside of me leaves me constantly thinking of something else as my daily driver, so I am obviously not 100 % sold.

I was hoping those with both phones could give me an honest opinion on battery between the two, and mostly those on AT&T since Verizon and T-Mobile seem to suffer.

It's crazy, reviewers say the G4 wins but tech sites say the S6 wins in battery time so I figure let me get some real user opinions.

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lucky you I have both phones on AT&T!
Well it's really a tough one to call. My wife uses the S6 and she doesn't do as much video and TV watching as I do. I use the Dish anywhere app on breaks and lunch at work and it really sucks battery, but I keep it in airplane mode while I'm working since I can't use it. I plug it in to fast charger during 15 min commute and when get home I usually have 60% on the average.
Until I put them head to head in the same conditions I'm gonna say they're pretty close. G4 seems to get better as time goes by, and may slightly edge the S6. Standby time is better with G4. Unless you get a bad one I don't think you will be disappointed with either one of them. Your mileage may vary!

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App

QuickStorm

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Those with a G4 and S6 on AT&T, can I get real opinions on battery life between these devices.

I average about 35hours of battery per charge with 5hrs of SOT. These are my results with use specific to my needs and I'm very happy. Also nice to have a free spare battery too.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

If you really like the s6 take a long good look at the Active...

I had the g4... and took it back because of antenna issues, picked up the Active and it's fantastic.

Storage isn't a issue with a micro USB 3 sd card setup and works great.

Standby time is the best with the g4 but I have gotten better On screen time with the Active on AT&T.

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

May 13, 2015
Visit site
G4 has a swappable battery and comes with a free one courtesy of lg. Within a few seconds you can go from 0-100%. This isn't a feature that should be over looked. If battery life is the determining factor the swappable battery puts the g4 over the top essentially doubling your battery life.

I don't know if you have seen the reviews for the s6 active but it has z3 compact level of battery life. It scored a 109 on gsmarenas battery life test for comparison the s6 scored a 73 and the g4 a 54. The s6 active is not for everyone but it looked like a great phone

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci