Universal Remote on G4 rocks!

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
What model G4? Isn't QuickSetSDK another remote? Did you migrate using LG Backup from another LG device by any chance?

It's Verizon's G4 (LG-VS986). And QuickSetSDK is some other type of remote control app> I think it's an app that's loaded with a collection of IR codes. I have no idea why IR Universal Remote is throwing up the message about QuickSet not being installed, but I sure would like to get the app working.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
It's Verizon's G4 (LG-VS986). And QuickSetSDK is some other type of remote control app> I think it's an app that's loaded with a collection of IR codes. I have no idea why IR Universal Remote is throwing up the message about QuickSet not being installed, but I sure would like to get the app working.

It's very odd. Do you see anything you can uninstall under apps? I bet you already looked. I'd call Verizon and when they tell you to do a factory reset ask for higher level support.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
For any of you that use this app, have you been able to get the app to "learn" a remote function? I'm unsure if the G4's IR device is capable of this.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I was asking because I'm trying to get it to learn some remote functions (pointing the working remote at the phone in learn mode while holding down a particular button) in the native Quick Remote app, and it wont learn the buttons function. Weird.

Yes, sometimes the codes don't take, for some reason you have to try certain buttons several times, but it will learn them. While several buttons took several tries, I haven't found any that don't work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463