Anyone coming from M8, M9 or Note 4?

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
If you come from the M8, M9 or Note 4 how do you find the:
-Screen under direct sunlight of the G4
-The sound quality using earphones (BT or wired)?
-UI speed of the G4?

Rfuser

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
-UI speed of the G4?

Coming from note 4.

In direct sunlight it's not as bright or good as my note 4. The note 4 had a special feature to over brighten? itself in sunlight.

Ui speed seems a little slower on the galaxy.

Battery is on par. The g4 sleeps better.

The weight reduction and comfort is better than the note 4.

Headphones sound the same.

Posted via the Android Central App

txsizzler

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I know coming from the Note 3 that this phone has a nicer, brighter display, DEFINITELY longer battery life, and blasts out sound better from its speaker (although I wish they were front sounding speakers). Using headphones sounds similar, though.

The UI.. well, before the 5.0.1 update, the Note 3 felt glass smooth.. even smoother than this G4. After the update, though, VERY laggy, stutters all the time, apps prone to crashing. So, the LG trumped the Note with Lollipop!

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
-UI speed of the G4?

When I owned mine...

Passable
Adequate for what it has inside.
Excellent

You will find as far as the sound compared either of the HTC and the Samsung woefully lacking especially with wired IEM's or MC's. HTC's dac and amplifier and Samsung using the Wolfson Dacs out preforms anything else on the market right now.

LG isn't pushing the sound yet but are supposed to on a future phone.

The UI while very very good isn't Sense good... or even the reconfigured TouchWiz yet, but they are closing the gap most definitely and I would guess by the next flagship have closed the gap.

They are the one to watch for sure

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

Darwalk

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
-UI speed of the G4?

Came from the M8 a couple weeks ago. Screen is as good in sunlight as the M8. Plug in as well as BT headphones sound good, but not as good as the M8. BT in the car connected to a Kenwood deck sounds awful compared to the M8 though. I like the differences in the UI (something different), but Sense is faster and more intuitive.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Came from the M8 a couple weeks ago. Screen is as good in sunlight as the M8. Plug in as well as BT headphones sound good, but not as good as the M8. BT in the car connected to a Kenwood deck sounds awful compared to the M8 though. I like the differences in the UI (something different), but Sense is faster and more intuitive.

Btw is BT autoconnecting?
If there is something I hated on the S6 I had is that it won't autoconnect to my HTC Stereoclip in my car, I had to turn the BT to AUX module off-on everytime so that the S6 can see it, I hope the LG G4 won't have this ''bug''.
All the HTC I had since the OneX have autoconnect for Car audio

Darwalk

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Btw is BT autoconnecting?
If there is something I hated on the S6 I had is that it won't autoconnect to my HTC Stereoclip in my car, I had to turn the BT to AUX module off-on everytime so that the S6 can see it, I hope the LG G4 won't have this ''bug''.
All the HTC I had since the OneX have autoconnect for Car audio

My Kenwood connects just fine with the G4, no issues there.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
-UI speed of the G4?

Had the note 4 before.

Screen was visible on both devices in direct sunlight.

Both headphones were adequate.

UI on the g4 seems a little faster

Sent from my Asus Zenfone 2

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
So this G4 is a great phone in every aspect (camera,screen,weight,speed...) but coming from an HTC with Sense 7 it will be a little ''empty'' in the software field?
I mean what I love in Sense 7 is the Car app and Themes builder which are both very complete
There is a Sense 7 port that I tried on S6 when I had it, but the statusbar was always dark and the icons of the themes couldn't be changed, dunno if it works better on G4.
The screen of the G4 vs Note 4 is better as ips LCD never get burnins while Note 4 can get some specially if you use a Car app for long roads

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm the only one who would hate front firing speakers. My phone ALWAYS rides in my front right pocket and front firing would muzzle the living daylights out of the sound. I would absolutely hate that!!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
-UI speed of the G4?

M8 to G4.

Screen in sunlight is about the same. I don't use auto, and have brightness set at 80 some odd percent. It's ok at that level.
Sound quality is a little worse on the G4, but still adequate.
UI in reference to Sense, I can't comment. I ditched Sense for AOSP a month after getting the M8. Compared to AOSP, a tiny bit more lag, but nothing to really complain about.

Edit: I do miss the front facing speakers every now and then.

Munkypoo7

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
From the Note 4 as well.

Screen, same.
Earbuds, same.
UI speed is much faster though. Little to no lag.

I did the upgrade due to a GPS issue I had on the Note 4 and it's two subsequent replacements. Couldn't have a phone without a working GPS. The G4 has the GPS working flawlessly so I'm a happy camper :)

Mirest

May 20, 2013
Visit site
-UI speed of the G4?
Coming from M8

I find the screen a little better under direct sunlight. The speakers on M8 were definitely better but I cannot really hear the difference with the headphones plugged in. In terms of UI I feel like Sense was a little bit faster but not to the point that I would say one is superior than other.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Thirst91

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I came from a Note 4 and have also owned a M8 when it first came out.

UI- Lollipop vs Lollipop the G4 is much much faster and smoother. My Note 4 had far too much lag. Now with the Note 4 running KitKat I would say it is a tie.

Battery- Really seems about the same here.

Sound- Note 4 and M8

Overall I definitely prefer this phone over the Note 4 and M8. It has really given me a new respect for LG. Mine also has the leather back which is absolutely fantastic. Also, far less bloat!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I came from a Note 4 and have also owned a M8 when it first came out.

UI- Lollipop vs Lollipop the G4 is much much faster and smoother. My Note 4 had far too much lag. Now with the Note 4 running KitKat I would say it is a tie.

Battery- Really seems about the same here.

Sound- Note 4 and M8

Overall I definitely prefer this phone over the Note 4 and M8. It has really given me a new respect for LG. Mine also has the leather back which is absolutely fantastic. Also, far less bloat!

Sound quality is so bad on G4? (earphones)

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Sound quality is so bad on G4? (earphones)

Truthfully... It's just OK... and a lot of people wouldn't hear a difference, but if you know what you are supposed to hear and don't hear it, yes it's not real good.

What can help is some good monitors that aren't real bright sounding on the highs and can produce clean crisp bass that doesn't overdrive the mids on vocals with good equalization. The thing to remember is that it's not all about being loud but clean and clear. Being able to go as low as possible without any audible hiss is every bit as important for quality reproduction of music.

Thirst91

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Truthfully... It's just OK... and a lot of people wouldn't hear a difference, but if you know what you are supposed to hear and don't hear it, yes it's not real good.

What can help is some good monitors that aren't real bright sounding on the highs and can produce clean crisp bass that doesn't overdrive the mids on vocals with good equalization. The thing to remember is that it's not all about being loud but clean and clear. Being able to go as low as possible without any audible hiss is every bit as important for quality reproduction of music.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc