"I'm Driving - Sent" Problem on G4

stolemystapler

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I can't seem to get rid of the phantom "I'm Driving - Sent" message that auto-replies to people when I am actually driving. I have disabled the the stock verizon messenger that came with the G4, disabled the Nissan app, and the problem still persists. I double-checked my apps and the Verizon messaging app is still gone. FYI that I am using the 'Textra' app and nowhere in it's settings do I see driving auto-replies as an option.

Can anyone help with this conundrum? Or am I destined to be like Phoebe and her fire alarm?

AZwldcats

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to get rid of the phantom "I'm Driving - Sent" message that auto-replies to people when I am actually driving. I have disabled the the stock verizon messenger that came with the G4, disabled the Nissan app, and the problem still persists. I double-checked my apps and the Verizon messaging app is still gone. FYI that I am using the 'Textra' app and nowhere in it's settings do I see driving auto-replies as an option.

Can anyone help with this conundrum? Or am I destined to be like Phoebe and her fire alarm?

Do you have a Nissan Car with Bluetooth connected?
If so It is probably the car. You need to disable the Auto text setting.

stolemystapler

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Do you have a Nissan Car with Bluetooth connected?
If so It is probably the car. You need to disable the Auto text setting.

I do, but I did not have this problem with my iphone. Is this setting somehow auto-enabled with droid's only?

I will go check and see if this resolves the issue.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I do, but I did not have this problem with my iphone. Is this setting somehow auto-enabled with droid's only?

This is definitely configured on the car and not the phone. It is possible that iPhone's somehow bypass that, or Nissan somehow ignores the setting for iPhones.

stolemystapler

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

OK, good news and bad news.

Good: I checked, and you were correct, it was a Nissan thing and it worked.

Bad: After I got back in to my car again the Nissan thing automatically reverted to sending the auto-reply, so unless there is a way to completely delete it altogether, I will have to arduously go through these steps every single time I get into my car.

hwolfish

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
I had same problem..... just found my cause - I have a Galaxy case that has a foldover cover with display window (half of screen). When a call comes in the screen display allow you to accept or reject the call without opening the case - just by swiping finger on the window. at the very bottom of displayis a reject message reason option - It can be accidentally selected sometimes - at least that's what I have done a few times. One of the default messages is "I'm Driving"

Hindude

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Suggest this is a default safety setting on the car so that driver won't be disturbed by texts (tempting a reply) but allows hands free calls?

Posted via the Android Central App