Any way to have Google Now the left most page with the stock launcher?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I tried using the Google Now launcher, but it makes all the icons huge, so not many fit on a page, BUT, I really love the Google Now page being the left most home page. Currently, I have Google Now set to pop up if I scroll up from the bottom, but that's not as nice as having it as a home page (and it's sometimes tricky to get that upward swipe just right). Is there a way to make the Google Now page replace LG's Health Check card page, while keeping the stock launcher? I also think I remember reading that if you get rid of LG's launcher, you also loose the double tap screen on/off feature...loving that as well.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You could try adding an extra homescreen and add the Google Now Widget. That's, as far as I know, the closest thing you can do to get Google Now as a homescreen.

As for the double tap, not exactly. While it's true that 3rd party launchers don't support double tap to standby on the homescreen, that still works if you double tap the notification bar (as you can see, the tapping area is GREATLY reduced, but it still works). Double tapping to wake still works.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
And if you use Nova launcher plus an app call screen off and lock you can configure Nova double tap to kick off the screen off app.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Currently, I have Google Now set to pop up if I scroll up from the bottom, but that's not as nice as having it as a home page (and it's sometimes tricky to get that upward swipe just right).

Instead of scrolling up from bottom, I just tap and hold the home button and drag it up. It seems to work pretty well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae