[APP] [FIX] SGS Screen Booster - Fix those non resposive / delayed screen taps and swipes NOW

legend221

May 11, 2015
Visit site
*If at all possible please donate to the person that made it possible, you can pay via PayPal within the app*

No root required. I was able to install app from the Playstore, disregard that it mentions a Samsung phone. This website pretty much advises what settings to use and all.

Works in the meanwhile until an official fix is released for all of us G4 owners. Night and day difference.

You don't have to use the specific settings in the website, I've found some values myself that have worked well but it's a good starting point.

1.) Enable parameters
2.) Don't forget within the app to 'start service on boot'
3.) Reboot phone and enjoy a better phone experience

Easy Fix LG G4 Slow Touch Screen Response

Test the difference within your phones settings: How to access the Android Lollipop Easter egg - CNET

My Settings:
tapatalk_1435636811570.jpg

..Sent from an impeccable LG G4 on Verizon..

Jacob_1982

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I have the AT&T variant and wasn't really having much issue except for the double tap to wake needing 3 or 4 taps, but everything is much snappier now. I would say to give it a shot even if you don't think you are having an issue to see what you think.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
*If at all possible please donate to the person that made it possible, you can pay via PayPal within the app*

No root required. I was able to install app from the Playstore, disregard that it mentions a Samsung phone. This website pretty much advises what settings to use and all.

Works in the meanwhile until an official fix is released for all of us G4 owners. Night and day difference.

You don't have to use the specific settings in the website, I've found some values myself that have worked well but it's a good starting point.

1.) Enable parameters
2.) Don't forget within the app to 'start service on boot'
3.) Reboot phone and enjoy a better phone experience

Easy Fix LG G4 Slow Touch Screen Response

Test the difference within your phones settings: How to access the Android Lollipop Easter egg - CNET

My Settings:
http://s28.postimg.org/vt9df6j71/tapatalk_1435636811570.jpg

Isn't the Easter Egg only for Nexus devices?

Also the screen sensitivity issue is most prevalent with the Verizon version of the G4.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the Easter Egg only for Nexus devices?

Also the screen sensitivity issue is most prevalent with the Verizon version of the G4.

Easter egg is on any android phone.

Will give this app a shot even though I'm not having many issues. Maybe a couple unregistered taps to wake.

Posted via the Android Central App

legend221

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I've made it past 3 lollipops, I used to notice missed taps on this specific game.

It they're gone and the tap to wake is perfected now on the phone.

legend221

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I've added this link to the touchscreen sensitivity links in http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/544443-common-issues-solutions.html -- Others have also experienced improved usability using this app.

Also, HOLY CRUD is that game hard! No missed taps, that's for sure, but I've only been able to get past one lollipop gate!
That's great, many people can benefit from them linking here.

Flappy Bird has nothing on how hard that game is. Hahaha.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
What level is everyone using in SGS?

I initially set mine to "optimized" and just now tried setting it to "super optimized"... and I think it actually works better, with fewer mis-clicks on the swiftkey keyboard.

Note: when you make a change, and you confirm it, you should stop/start the service -- long click the multi-task home key to get to settings -- so that your changes take place right away.

legend221

May 11, 2015
Visit site
What level is everyone using in SGS?

I initially set mine to "optimized" and just now tried setting it to "super optimized"... and I think it actually works better, with fewer mis-clicks on the swiftkey keyboard.

Note: when you make a change, and you confirm it, you should stop/start the service -- long click the multi-task home key to get to settings -- so that your changes take place right away.

Also testing this setting out today. Definitely a lot more responsive on Super Optimized. Going to run it that way until further notice.

.: Sent from an optimized 'ANDROID til I die' device :.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
So I've been using this for a few days...no difference that I've seen and I do get a lot of missed taps. Curious what models everyone is using. I have the att one.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
So I've been using this for a few days...no difference that I've seen and I do get a lot of missed taps. Curious what models everyone is using. I have the att one.

I'm using the Canadian model, and I find SGS gives a slight advantage to things like double-tap wake/sleep.

When are you missing taps... is it typing or just general usage? if it's typing, then I can relate that I find that Swiftkey seems to do more "thinking" when typing than it did when I used in on my Note2, and that can cause me to sometimes mis-type. There are some that have found Google keyboard to be exceptionally well tuned on the G4.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Canadian model, and I find SGS gives a slight advantage to things like double-tap wake/sleep.

When are you missing taps... is it typing or just general usage? if it's typing, then I can relate that I find that Swiftkey seems to do more "thinking" when typing than it did when I used in on my Note2, and that can cause me to sometimes mis-type. There are some that have found Google keyboard to be exceptionally well tuned on the G4.

The double tap to wake is still very spotty. I think that is partly due to the fact that when I pull it out of my pocket, I quickly double tap and the taps don't always touch in the same spot each time. If that makes sense. But still, sometimes I have to do it like two or three more times.

As for other missed taps, it happens throughout the phone. Typing, scrolling, tapping, etc.

I'm so used to every single tap being registered on my m8 and even more so on my nexus 5. The g4 pales in comparison to those. Even my amazon fire phone registered taps better...

I've read in other threads that people with the European versions don't have any of these issues. So I'm thinking about selling this and trying an unlocked one and see if maybe it's some of the bloat that is causing it. I really really wanna love this phone. If those few issues and the slightly less desirable battery life were addressed, I'd love it.

legend221

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to report app is holding tight and made it the best it can due to the circumstances. I won't take the updates at all because my carrier will silently install something to make the device no longer root ready or bootloader unlock ready.

I hope this app has been useful to most or all of you.

.: Sent from an optimized 'ANDROID til I die' device :.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol