LG G4 Stuck on boot, how can I get it out of it?

ewillyb

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: LG G4 Stuck on boot, how can I get it out of if?

D13H4RD2L1V3:

You say this is according to LG.
Do you have any kind of defect reference number or similar?
Thank you.

Has crushed me on 2 separate Verizon LG G4s.

Ugh.

wlonsdale

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

I have had 2 LG4's do this also I bought in Sept 2015. completely stuck on front screen. Tried calling LG and bringing in the phone to several places. no one can help. now i have to replace and will lose all my pictures. so sad. LG told me to send the phone and and they will fix and resend, but they clean the phone out first so I will lose all and it would take 9 days. i told them I did not do anything for it to stop working and that 9 days is unacceptable for their error because i use it for my home business. They didn't care and could not give me a loaner or anything. THAT IS HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! I WILL NEVER OWN ANOTHER LG.

You have a home business and you don't back up your data??

ewillyb

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site

Try booting into USB Debug mode.
I did this and successfully moved my pics off.
Then the phone crapped its pants for good.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

zombiegavins

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

Just happened to my G4 this morning, 505 serial number and Vodafone UK are refusing to accept that it's a known issue :/

cleankutazn

May 19, 2013
Visit site

Happened to me last night. Called AFee&Fee and they got me a replacement "like new" phone. Strange that I will have to use my old battery cover and battery because the new one will not come with those. Had to pay 15 for 2 day shipping :(.

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site

That is typical for a company to send you just the phone and have you keep all accessories including back cover the only way to get out of the boot screen is format and reinstall the phone from scratch to factory. Best Buy does Samsung phones I do not know if they do lg. I assume they probably would. However prob best to go through lg or your cell carrier if phone is under warranty I had mine 10 months and now this issue but it is also warren tied through square trade with 75 dollar detucible. Hover lg said they would take care of it and provide free shipping both ways. But said when I get the phone back it will be locked to ATT again and ATT unlocked the phone for me so I can use t-mobile I wonder if they will unlock it again. As lg said they will not.

Happened to me last night. Called AFee&Fee and they got me a replacement "like new" phone. Strange that I will have to use my old battery cover and battery because the new one will not come with those. Had to pay 15 for 2 day shipping :(.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I joined this rather exclusive Serial Number 505 club last night. Worked with ATT and they are shipping me a free replacement which should arrive within 2 days. I called them last night and they promised to call me back this morning. They did call me back exactly when they said they would. Then they contacted LG with me on the phone and LG said they would repair mine but it would be a 10 day turnaround. Being without a phone for 2 days is somewhat acceptable to me. Being without one for 10 days is not. ATT is the avenue I chose. ATT even checked their local distribution center / store for me but they were out of the LG G4 or I could have driven over and picked one up. Other than the fact that they don't have a way to do overnight shipping they definitely went the extra mile for me. Considering the situation I'm as happy as I can be expected to be I think.

chamomiami

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

New member of this club here!!!!! happened tome yesterday and virtually my phone is my office so it was a bad day yesterday, finally att ordered me another phone .. im using a iphone 5 for now and i hate it, at least the moto 360 look like is working fine with the iphone but still, need the g4 asap :-X

noturbizniss

May 17, 2012
Visit site

I had the wonderful luck of joining this club at 1230AM when I had a flight with the family at 735 that morning to disney world for vacation. Was opening Real Racing 3 and phone just turned off and infinitely looped. We were planning on getting up at 4 to pack up and leave. Needless to say i was extremely stressed. Luckily I had jumped on the g4 rebate combined with the verizon $350 rebate in october so i had a brand new unused g4 lying around. Unfortunately i had not backed my phone up in a while using lg backup so i had to start from scratch. Just got back yesterday and am sending in phone to LG for repaid. Yes, it is a 505 SN.
Joy.

Lola86

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site

Just Happened to me 20 minutes ago... mine is a Tmobile USA phone that I had them unlock (was purchased outright) and is now operated on the Virgin network in Canada.... I've had this phone since around July? What do I do! Do I have to go back to the states?

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site

Just Happened to me 20 minutes ago... mine is a Tmobile USA phone that I had them unlock (was purchased outright) and is now operated on the Virgin network in Canada.... I've had this phone since around July? What do I do! Do I have to go back to the states?

The only thing I can think of is you might have to go through LG for repairs. Kinda sucks, you'll be waiting for your device for weeks from some of the stories I've read. Maybe someone else has better advice.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I had the wonderful luck of joining this club at 1230AM when I had a flight with the family at 735 that morning to disney world for vacation. Was opening Real Racing 3 and phone just turned off and infinitely looped. We were planning on getting up at 4 to pack up and leave. Needless to say i was extremely stressed. Luckily I had jumped on the g4 rebate combined with the verizon $350 rebate in october so i had a brand new unused g4 lying around. Unfortunately i had not backed my phone up in a while using lg backup so i had to start from scratch. Just got back yesterday and am sending in phone to LG for repaid. Yes, it is a 505 SN.
Joy.

Did the phone die before you left for Disney World or after?

If it's the former, it's great that you have a spare G4 so you won't lose opportunities for memories.

RandyOhio

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: LG G4 Stuck on boot

Mine died last Saturday. Tried the freezer trick to restart it, but that didn't work. At least the pics were all in the SD card. Mine was 505 phone from day one. Since it's been in a case with a glass screen protector, I opted for the LG repair instead of the TMo refurb. Still have another G4 that's my son's; 508. Probably the last LG phones I'll buy. Still have two G2s which are running great. Enough is enough with this. LG was accusatory about my phone damage and wouldn't acknowledge that there was any boot loop issue with the G4. Enough. There must be someone better than this to give my money to. With the depreciation on this phone, I still owe more than a new one now costs. Done! Bye LG.

Posted via Android Central App

noturbizniss

May 17, 2012
Visit site

Did the phone die before you left for Disney World or after?

If it's the former, it's great that you have a spare G4 so you won't lose opportunities for memories.
5 hours before we left for the airport. Really lucky I decided to play before bed or I'd have been screwed and let truth work iPhone only.

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site

I don't blame you I don't have a business to worry about but I bought my phone when they first came out for around 750 including taxes from Best Buy way to much to spend for crappy service with my limited income

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site

Lg will fix it but it will be locked again to the carrier it originally came from and will have to be unlocked again they told me I can use the same unlock code but I didn't keep it but att is not hard to get unlock codes from

Weapon10

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: LG G4 Stuck on boot

I just had this happen to my G4 with Sprint. Serial #505... I read this thread last night given me an understanding of the situation. I took the phone to a Sprint store this afternoon and they were super helpful. They agreed it was a known issue. They did about 30 minutes of basic troubleshooting to be able to show on there end that it was not reparable. They have ordered me a replacement G4 that should arrive in 2 days.

Posted via the Android Central App