What is the grey button in the dialer app?

ve4grm

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I have a grey button beside the "call" button in the dialer app. Like in this screenshot, it is a phone icon with the contacts "person" icon beside it.

lg-g4-dialer-settings-intro-screen.jpg

This is my third Android phone, and the first to feature this button. The button doesn't seem to do anything at any point, and leaves me rather confused as to what it is for.

If it does something, please tell me what. And if it's virtually useless, is there a way to remove it? It pushes the call button way to the left, making it uncomfortable to hit with my thumb.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! My guess is that button is for conference calls. When you're in a call, see if it becomes active--if you tap it, you can probably add a person to the call.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea. I can't find any info on it anywhere, and I have never seen it before. It must be connected to VoLTE, but I have no idea what it actually means.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
LOL Derp. Figured it out. I just dialed a number and hit that instead of dial.

It's the VIDEO CALL button, which explains why it only works with VoLTE enabled. Built in video calling. Pretty sweet.

ve4grm

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Rogers in Canada.

Same. But I've seen it on a few screenshots, and it's actually in a different spot on Rogers (to the right of the voicemail button), so it's probably available on... *checks other posts* Verizon? Sprint?

LOL Derp. Figured it out. I just dialed a number and hit that instead of dial.

It's the VIDEO CALL button, which explains why it only works with VoLTE enabled. Built in video calling. Pretty sweet.

Ah, I see. Weirdly, I can't click it regardless, but maybe it activates if I dial another Rogers number? Whatever, I'll play around. Thanks, though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs