Few thoughts after a few minutes with the G4

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm going on 48 hours with the G4 and I think I've finally ironed out the kinks. I'm coming from the iP6 so my expectations are high, and this phone is nice but I really miss my iP6. I will hang on to this until the iP6s comes ou6, then back to iOS I go. I've experienced hiccups here and there with the G4, and battery isn't any better than my iP6, which is hugely disappointing. I do love the ergos and leather back, but it's not enough to keep me.

Posted via the Android Central App

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
My G4 does get warm during initial setup, but after that, it settles down.

It only gets warm now from heavy use, which is normal.

I'm using the H815 international version, which has some differences with your Verizon version.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
My G4 does get warm during initial setup, but after that, it settles down.

It only gets warm now from heavy use, which is normal.

I'm using the H815 international version, which has some differences with your Verizon version.

Yes, Android take some time time to optimize. Things get better over a short period of time. Mine only gets slightly warm with LTE calling. Watching video, streaming, etc it stays cool. I don't use GPS much so can't comment too much on that, but it does get warm. And my G3 also got warm sometimes and also my old Samsung S3.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Android take some time time to optimize. Things get better over a short period of time. Mine only gets slightly warm with LTE calling. Watching video, streaming, etc it stays cool. I don't use GPS much so can't comment too much on that, but it does get warm. And my G3 also got warm sometimes and also my old Samsung S3.

It's normal now and only gets warm when the phone is doing really resource-heavy stuff.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
It's normal now and only gets warm when the phone is doing really resource-heavy stuff.

I went bike riding yesterday and had my bluetooth headset connected. I had data turned off and when I stopped to answer some texts, I had some lock screen freezing and a lot of missing touch inputs. Anyone having issues with Bluetooth connected??

I also need that latest update!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I went bike riding yesterday and had my bluetooth headset connected. I had data turned off and when I stopped to answer some texts, I had some lock screen freezing and a lot of missing touch inputs. Anyone having issues with Bluetooth connected??

Not here. I use Bluetooth to transfer data between devices and for audio and I didn't have the issue.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

None at all... I keep my vivoactive connected 24/7 and when I ride my bike I have my Bluetooth speaker on with spotify... It's flawless and sounds great.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Not here. I use Bluetooth to transfer data between devices and for audio and I didn't have the issue.

None at all... I keep my vivoactive connected 24/7 and when I ride my bike I have my Bluetooth speaker on with spotify... It's flawless and sounds great.

It was strange that that happened. I just figured I'd throw that out there and see if anyone was having the same issues. Everything is behaving good now after a reboot.

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I love my G4 but I have my iPhone 6+ perfectly set-up for me. I have all my apps running perfectly. I have the 128 g version so I have all my books and some movies... I don't know if the G4 will ever be my daily driver, I love the phone but don't think I am ready to dump IOS yet. Glad someone else feels the same

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The update fixed the too thin and sharp corners?

Posted via the Android Central App

You can always put a case or bumper on it.

Still don't like it? Well, there's the HTC One M9 over there. There's a Galaxy S6 on that side too. Oh wait, want a big phone? Why Not(e) the Note 4 just right there? :p

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - Few posts have been cleaned. If you do not like a post you do not have to respond. Remember calling another member a troll is a form of trolling.