Lg g4 battery life ?

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
What kind of tweaking? Do you need any particular apps? I just got one today. So far, I'm not impressed. I don't even have it activated yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

I use Greenify which even though I have extended battery helps with making sure stuff doesn't sync/turn on unless I use it physically

Since I move around frequently built-in Doze doesn't really work for me

CellTheUltimateAndroid

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
G4 battery usually lasts from 3.75 to 4.5 hrs marshmallow for me on WiFi. On 3g its almost always around 3.25 hours SoT.
Battery is decent and it's better than the s6, however you'll have to uninstall or disable some pre installed apps and turn off auto sync, NFC , bluetooth, location etc.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
What kind of tweaking? Do you need any particular apps? I just got one today. So far, I'm not impressed. I don't even have it activated yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

I made that post back in July. It's March the following year and MM has destroyed any joy I had with this phone. I don't care about it anymore and hope it dies so I can justify a new one.

Follow the link below that has some suggestions on tweaking the battery (and other fixes) and you might get the phone working better. To be honest I don't remember exactly what I did last summer, however until MM this phone's battery life was outstanding.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/544443-common-issues-solutions.html

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Zerolemon 8500mah TPU/extended battery case it's great :D

Very nice. I've been using the Mugen 6200 mah battery. I absolutely love the battery life, but the phone is so bulky and heavy with the battery attached. I wish someone made a 4500 mah battery that was bigger and heavier than the stock battery, but not a complete brick.

mandymae1981

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone hve problems with it charging. If i am on the phone it will not charge? Tried different cords... and blew out the port.... any suggestions.. i bought the phone used.

Jayellpi3113

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
I just got my Lg G4 a couple of weeks ago. Switched over from iPhone 6. I have to say I like a lot of things about the G4, but the battery is awful!!
I get about 2 to 3 hours of battery when using it very little. By very little I mean check email 4 or 5 times, send 2 or 3 files to Evernote, check the weather 2 times and make 1 phone call and answer 1 phone call and do 3 or 4 text messages.... that's it!! It is pretty much useless as a mobile device. I literally have to do a full charge it 3 times a day minimum. I have deleted all but stock apps. I have turned off all running apps. I even went so far as to do a factory restore but it didn't help at all. I even tried using the gps and I had it on for 45 minutes and the battery died. If I have it plugged into a car charger while using the gps it discharges faster than it charges. However, with it plugged in I can go for 2 hours with the gps before it reaches 5% battery. All I can say is it's good that I can swap out the battery. I need to carry a dozen fresh ones with me for a days work.
Compare this to my iPhone 6 that gets used almost constantly all day ... countless phone calls, text messages, playing games, reading ebook, checking weather, doing calculations on calculator app, do web searches, a few internet downloads ... the screen is on a lot and by the end of the day i'm still at 48% battery.
Do I regret switching from iPhone 6 to Lg G4? You bet I do. This G4 is going into the drawer and I'm using the iPhone again. Waste of money.

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Iphone is always the best when it comes to battery usage.

Kindle blows away any iphone for battery life!.........................with that said...this thread has nothing to do with "which phone has best battery life"....lol

Its about the G4 specifically..........seriously.....

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone hve problems with it charging. If i am on the phone it will not charge? Tried different cords... and blew out the port.... any suggestions.. i bought the phone used.

If you dont want to have the charging port replaced.....you can buy one of the $6 to 8 Qi charging/NFC stickers to replace the NFC only sticker on back cover. Then you can charge via wireless.

rayfornario

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe your battery life is that bad! I just got an LG 4 last week. I updated to Marshmallow and the battery life is nothing short of amazing! Are you running Marshmallow or Lollipop?

KyonCoraeL

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has always been terrible with the LG G4 but the phone isn't to blame. My house is a giant faraday cage that destroys any wireless signals. I frequently get 1 bar of 3G / LTE. When I am at home I force my phone to stay on EDGE while I use wifi for data.

duckman48764

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Jayell.. Try switching your network to "GSM Only". In my discussions with Rogers on this exact subject, they said it's because the towers by our cabin (where I get ****tastic battery life) don't support LTE and the phone is struggling for a signal. When I switch to GSM Only, my usage goes from 3 hour back up to a full day (like in the city). It sucks that I have this fancy phone that I have to cripple to 1980s technology just to get a days battery life out of it. The phone was just fine before MM, but royally blows after the upgrade.