Why won't my LG G4 turn on after charging?

A

AC Question

LG G4 will not turn on after charge

While charging the phone last night, it had reached a full charge and I heard the notification for so. I unplugged the phone and it was unresponsive to knock to wake, and the power buttons. I tried plugging the phone back in to charge, but it will not recognize it. I have tried holding down every button combination to turn on the phone, but it never even starts the boot animation. I have also tried removing the battery and plugging in the phone hoping to eliminate the battery from the equation to no avail.

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: LG G4 will not turn on after charge

That's strange. Looks like a trip to your phone company is in order asap!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

SIOP

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

That happened to me once, but in my case pulling the battery restored normal function.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

If battery pull and re install won't let you start the phone then you should contact the carrier or manufacturer for a replacement

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

PaulyWolly1960

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I had the same trouble with my new LG G4. The blue light was flashing on the phone, so I knew the battery had some charge. I tried to restart by pushing the power button - no go. I then removed and replaced the battery, and tried to power on - no go. When I searched for an answer I found that you can HARD RESTART your phone by holding the power button down for a SOLID 30 SECONDS. None of your data will be affected. This got the display on my LG G4 working again. I then noticed I had 68% charge, so the phone should have powered on just by pressing the power button.

Anyway, I hope this helps. If this does not work then you can do a FACTORY RESET of your phone, and I would search for the steps to do that as I do not want to be held responsible if you loose something important on your phone. Again, doing a warm restart will NOT harm your data, but doing a factory reset WILL restore to the phone to the state is was from the factory.

Peace. Out.

PaulyWolly :cool:.

BrandoniEG

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Itried doing the hard reset on my LG G4 and my phone didn't respond. I even tried it with my spare battery that I got when I bought the phone and that didn't work either, even with the charger plugged in. I'm waiting on a new type of battery that is supposed to stop the issue. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

textig

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
We had the same thing. Had to go to the sprint store to get a replacement. The LG G4 phones from June to Sept have bad motherboards.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
We had the same thing. Had to go to the sprint store to get a replacement. The LG G4 phones from June to Sept have bad motherboards.

Aye. Mine is at LG right now to be repaired. Since VZW couldn't promise I'd get a newer built device (it d be a refurb) I decided to have LG replace whatever needs to be replaced with properly fixed parts.

? Pretty ridiculous for a phone that's barely 6 months old.

Posted via the Android Central App

DocNinja

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
The LG G4 phones from June to Sept have bad motherboards.

Do you have any references that confirm this? I'd love to bring it up when I bring my phone in. I've had NUMEROUS issues with my LG G4 since I bought it around that time - and I don't have a warranty on my phone. My phone just minutes ago died while playing music on youtube, I tried charging and restarting it but it's fckd! :(
This is my first smart phone and I seriously hate it. What a waste of so much money...

albotross27

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
i think it might be to do with the issue plaguing the G4 for ages now. i threw mine against the wall in a fit of rage after contacting lg for the 5th time trying to claim my warranty...

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Do you have any references that confirm this? I'd love to bring it up when I bring my phone in. I've had NUMEROUS issues with my LG G4 since I bought it around that time - and I don't have a warranty on my phone. My phone just minutes ago died while playing music on youtube, I tried charging and restarting it but it's fckd! :(
This is my first smart phone and I seriously hate it. What a waste of so much money...

Google these two words - "G4" + "bootloop" LG has admitted to the problem.
What do you mean that you're going to bring the phone in and don't have a warranty? Carriers in the US give a 1 year warranty. LG also offers direct warranty but takes longer than carrier repair. But If the bootloader is unlocked this will likely void warranty.

My G4 was manufactured in May - the first month of manufacture. It's the best phone I've ever had. The only problem happened with the Marshmallow update, but after tweaking I have the battery life back - maybe to 80% of what it was. The G4 still has one of the best cameras out there, solid build, perfect size screen.

Last edited:

lalen22

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
I have an G4 at home to try to fix for a friend. His phone is only 6 months now. And i have tryed every thing. He has a new bettery even. It does not start. Black screen and no led blink. Tryed to couple it and start whith my computer. No response. But when i hold the start button down 20 sec even if the phone is dead. I got a coupeling off from my computer. I said to him the best way is to turn it in. If he can fix it some how. Im gonna buy one my self. Love LG. Nice phones and TVs. I got my Huawei Honor 8. But afraid to drop it at work.