Can I get some LG G4 Audi A4 Bluetooth help?

XSTACIEME

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
LG G4 Audi A4 Bluetooth help!

I had a windows phone that worked seamlessly with my Audi A4 bluetooth. When a text came it, would inform me over my bluetooth, ask if I wanted to read it or ignore it, and then I could respond etc all via bluetooth. I recently made the switch to Android. I bought an LG G4. Now, the phone will connect, but it will not download my contacts which is irritating but not that crucial. It will not however read my texts or connect for anything other than voice calls. No media etc. I am looking for a super geek like me to help me resolve this issue or let me know whether it even works. If not I am going to return the phone and switch back to a windows device.

Thanks much!

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: LG G4 Audi A4 Bluetooth help!

Do you have the high end Audi A4 sound system? I have a 2013 Audi A4 but don't have the high end sound system (with NAV). Without NAV I don't believe you are supposed to be able to hear media or prompts thru bluetooth. I would assume if a Windows phone worked that an Android phone should work as well though. I'm not sure what settings to use, though, since my A4 doesn't have that capability built in.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

The read txt part must be part of the Windows mobile OS. When I had the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, it has a Driving Mode that will read TXT or Email too (part of the Samsung Touchwiz), but the LG G4 stock does not have a driving mode. I think you could download an app that would do that.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

The read txt part must be part of the Windows mobile OS. When I had the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, it has a Driving Mode that will read TXT or Email too (part of the Samsung Touchwiz), but the LG G4 stock does not have a driving mode. I think you could download an app that would do that.
I could be wrong but I believe driving mode automatically comes on when the phone senses you're moving at more than 15mph. I know my wife's G3 goes into driving mode when she's on the train (which is a pain). I also see "car mode" come on when I use Car Home Ultra as my car dock software. Not sure if there is a way to manually turn it on or off though...

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Agent is an app that will read your texts aloud over bluetooth and ask you if you want to reply via voice.

It works on my A3 without the upgraded sound system.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...e/apps/details?id=com.tryagent&token=3-U7ypW1
I assume it won't play media over the non-upgraded sound system? I can hear driving directions etc. just fine from my G4 when it's windshield mounted. I do see that Agent seems to replicate many of the features I used to have on my Moto X though which may be worth looking into... :)