Very upset with Best Buy on Leather Back availability

Nicknas

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Spent an entire half day with Best buy so called Guru.. Let him talk me into getting the phone on the edge plan even though I wanted to pay outright. ( you can prepay it with no penalty. ) They had a special $100.00 gift card promo if you did edge.... BUT they didn't have any with the black leather backs.. SO he tells me that I can just buy one... I knew about the LG promo so I am like Cool I will have three backs , one plastic for the beach etc.... BUT it was total BS!! Just talked to the store.. you cannot buy the Black backs ANYWHERE and they don't have any!! So this girl tells me that I will have to REBUY my phone from their website and get a 2 year contract to get a phone with a Black leather back???? WTF???

Sorry for the rant but I have been waiting for this phone since its first leaks.. was disgusted that only TMobil got the color I REALLY wanted but now I can;t even get the one that is advertised on the SITES????

2 year contract or you are stuck with a plastic Back???

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Even though that girl lied to you or she really didn't know, she just saved you some money. It is not worth $40 extra to get the black leather back. I would just buy one off ebay for cheaper and now you have both leather and plastic. BTW, if you are a reward member at Bestbuy you get another $30 in reward certificate for upgrading your mobile phone.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Out in the wild, the black has actually been significantly cheaper than the other leather colors anywhere I've seen them. So, even better news for you, Nicknas.

Nicknas

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Found Zillions on EBAY Be careful though prices Vary A LOT even with the same seller.. one says $39 another $59 + Guess who is paying for it.. Bestbuy........... Getting a gift card for the screw-up

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
lostchild, do you get the $30 just for being a Reward Zone member (not a BB credit card)?

I have that, though I forgot to show them the card while buying. I think I heard you can go online later to have a purchase added to your Reward Zone account.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
lostchild, do you get the $30 just for being a Reward Zone member (not a BB credit card)?

I have that, though I forgot to show them the card while buying. I think I heard you can go online later to have a purchase added to your Reward Zone account.

Yes, you can add a missed receipt.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Yes it was a Reward Zone member promo, and I don't have a BB credit card. New or Upgrade mobile phone get $30 reward cert. But unlike the $100 gift card, the reward cert has a 2 months or so expiration date.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Why not return the phone to best buy then take the money that you had for a full out right purchase and go buy somewhere else?? I bought my black leather g4 from verizon out right...

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Dude, ditch the contract and go prepaid. All that BS goes away. You buy the phone straight up an pay month to month, simple.

Don't even come back with how a contract might be cheaper for your situation, because this is what you end up with right here with contracts.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Dude, ditch the contract and go prepaid. All that BS goes away. You buy the phone straight up an pay month to month, simple.

Don't even come back with how a contract might be cheaper for your situation, because this is what you end up with right here with contracts.

You can also do this without prepaid. I am postpaid but buy phones full price.