Where can I get an LG G4 bumper case?

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lg G4 bumper case

Not much. Just a little extra time trying not to have the battery cover pop off.

I have the $5 rubber bumper and the $5 aluminum bumper. Love them both.

Don't quite understand your answer...I need the battery cover to pop off to swap the battery, and wondered if having a bumper makes the process of regularly swapping the battery a pain.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Don't quite understand your answer...I need the battery cover to pop off to swap the battery, and wondered if having a bumper makes the process of regularly swapping the battery a pain.

You would need to take the bumper off to get the battery cover off. The bumpers are pretty tight on the phone so the battery cover likes to try to come off at the same time as the bumper. I don't really care for that so I take a little extra time taking the bumper off without the battery cover popping off.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site

You would need to take the bumper off to get the battery cover off. The bumpers are pretty tight on the phone so the battery cover likes to try to come off at the same time as the bumper. I don't really care for that so I take a little extra time taking the bumper off without the battery cover popping off.
Got it...sounds like the bumpers don't come off too easily, which I guess makes them better for phone protection, but if you need to change the battery regularly, more of a pain.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Got it...sounds like the bumpers don't come off too easily, which I guess makes them better for phone protection, but if you need to change the battery regularly, more of a pain.

Got the cheap plastic/rubber bumper on my phone now. If you try to take it off at a corner first if does try or take off the back. If you pull out on the side of the case just before a corner you can pull out away from the phone and get it off without catching the back. Not hard or time consuming at all.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site

Got the cheap plastic/rubber bumper on my phone now. If you try to take it off at a corner first if does try or take off the back. If you pull out on the side of the case just before a corner you can pull out away from the phone and get it off without catching the back. Not hard or time consuming at all.
In the case of swapping the battery, one would want the back cover to come off with the bumper

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

In the case of swapping the battery, one would want the back cover to come off with the bumper

I disagree, would rather have control over that myself. And the way the corners are not wearing the good in the smooth leather I don't want to add anymore friction than need be. And the corner is where the case catches it.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site

I disagree, would rather have control over that myself. And the way the corners are not wearing the good in the smooth leather I don't want to add anymore friction than need be. And the corner is where the case catches it.
Why would you want to take the bumper off by itself if not to take the cover off as well to change the battery?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Why would you want to take the bumper off by itself if not to take the cover off as well to change the battery?

Guess you didn't pick up what I was putting down. The leather backs can be damaged, so I rather take it off myself instead of the case catching the corners and taking it off with it.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site

Guess you didn't pick up what I was putting down. The leather backs can be damaged, so I rather take it off myself instead of the case catching the corners and taking it off with it.

What you're saying is take the bumper off by itself first, then the battery cover? Probably varies with which one you get, but question is how difficult the bumper is to take off.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

What you're saying is take the bumper off by itself first, then the battery cover? Probably varies with which one you get, but question is how difficult the bumper is to take off.

I'm talking about the cheap plastic/rubber one that goes for $4 to $7 on eBay and I think more Amazon. It is easy to take off, already stated that.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Yep, that's a good tip to start away from the corner a little on the rubber bumper.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci