What G4 problems have you had AND solved?

Thirst91

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
My battery life was pretty bad when I got the phone. I disabled some bloat and did a hard reset, now it lasts me alllll day.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
G4 issues
[ ] Editing photos couldn't save on stock so, switched to quick pic
[ ] Touch screen sensitivity issues - Verizon update and touch control areas and sgs helped
[ ] Double tap to wake and sleep don't work. Usually triple tap works
[ ] Screen too bright in no light situations even on minimum brightness . Use screen dimmer app.
[ ] Location Found persistent notification. Set location to battery saver
[ ] Google fit high battery drain . Disabled high accuracy to reduce drain. Removing app further reduces drain but I like to use it. Also disabled location using the access setting for Google fit.
[ ] Gps overheats causing screen to go super dim. A vent mounted mount resolved the issue
[ ] Battery life issues. Reduced account syncs to minimum.
[ ] Sometimes weak hotspot performance. Changed from 2.4 ghz to 5 ghz
[ ] Chrome has a heavy drain. Using Chrome dev seems to help some.

robef

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I couldn't get LG Smartworld to work on the H815 here in the US. You can't choose North America as a region when opening the app, and having a US LG account would boot you out of the app when trying to download anything. So I figured out how to create a non-US account by removing the SIM card. Also, trying to download the US version of the app doesn't work as it says the H815 is not supported. Here's what I did to get it working:

1. Delete your LG account if you already have one (Completely canceling your membership under LG account info, not just removing the account from your phone)
2. Turn off phone and remove SIM card
3. Turn phone back on and go into Smartworld
4. Create a new LG account. Having the SIM removed will allow you to select which country your account is based in (I chose UK and selected UK for using Smartworld)
5. Enjoy new apps, fonts, and more! (Global TV is a great one if you're into TV stations from other countries/languages)

I did have an extra step in there but I don't think it's necessary. I used Hola VPN to spoof my connection into thinking I was also in the UK, but it should probably work without doing this. But if for some reason upon LG account creation it still defaults to USA and won't let you change it, this extra step should work.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I had keep awake times in Android OS (the specific battery entry not overall Lollipop) that were way too high. I know others have experienced this, as well.

I don't think this is a one-thing-fixes-all-our-problems fix. In my case, it was Fenix that was apparently working much harder than it had to in the background. I uninstalled that app and my keep awake times in Android OS dropped exponentially. My battery life overall now seems much more reasonable. I was getting great SoT of 5 hours or so, but only 11 hours of total battery life. It was as if keeping the screen on *saved* battery!

So, it may require some trial and error and guesswork to figure out this keep awake issue for somebody else, but look for apps that sync or look for updated messages first. Assuming you have already taken care of the Google apps that do this, the list should be somewhat small (i.e. Facebook, Twitter apps, Instagram, etc.).

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
My battery life was pretty bad when I got the phone. I disabled some bloat and did a hard reset, now it lasts me alllll day.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I've always wondered, what is meant by "hard reset?" And when I see some do a factory reset after software updates, do they mean a complete factory data reset? This is one thing I haven't tried to improve performance after an update, but am certainly open to it. I do wipe the cache weekly. Fortunately, my LG G4 has performed pretty well, especially after disabling the bloat (which is S.O.P. for my my phones).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci