Dual Window, do you use this feature?

Wenvalley

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I thought that this feature would be handy, but in the three weeks that I've owned the g4, I've not had occasion to use use the dual window.

Do you use it, for what? Thanks in advance.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
LG gimped this feature and made it absolutely useless. Until we get root in order to enable all apps, this might as well be disabled.

I used it all the time of my G3, though. I especially liked it for when people shared videos on Google+. I'd have the videos load in a second window while I could still scroll down my stream.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Funny. I've never used it on the g4 but I had a note 4 a while back and I used it a LOT on there. I'm guessing it has to do with the ease of activation. On the note 4, the side menu would always be there and I could simply drag the app and drop it on the screen.

A bit more steps here.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Never used it on my G4, or my GS4 either really, though Samsung does make it easier to use I'd say. I use it pretty often on my Galaxy Tab S 10.5 though.

Posted via the Android Central App

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I follow this forum because my wife has an LG4; I use the Galaxy Note 3, and use the dual-windows function when on driving trips.

I have Google Maps open in one window, to show our route, provide directions, etc. We usually listen to Podcasts, so have Beyond Pod open in the other, smaller window, so I can pause/restart the Podcast with a quick tap. This is actually one of my favorite functions with my phone.

Haven't tried it yet on my wife's LG4, so don't know if it's easier/harder than with my Note 3.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Great idea, thanks! That's a way I could actually make use of Dual Window. Unfortunately, I just checked, and neither Waze (nav) nor Stitcher (podcasts) support Dual Window. Too bad.

But someone mentioned that maybe root will allow enabling DW for more apps. I hope so.

Wm7Long

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I use a form of dual window mode daily for playing music. One window shows the 'Now Playing' screen of my music player (Gone MAD). The other shows a listing of the MP3 files in queue (ES file mgr):
Screenshot_2015-03-22-16-17-33.png

It seems the G4 has dual windows available, though crippled. My device is an S4 Mini which had no such mode natively, but does now have a nice 'Floating Window' available thanks to an Xposed module call'd XHaloFloatingWindow.

Angry_Mushroom

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
For the G3 at least, I've found there is a lack of apps to run in dual screen mode. Sadly it appears that the G4 is not much different. So no, I do not use this feature, and have it disabled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol