How to answer a call with voice only?

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
My wife is a RN at a care facility and one of her patients has ALS and has trouble moving his fingers correctly. He doesn't really want a bluetooth device which I recommended but would like to know if it's possible to answer a call with voice only and to have it answer in speaker mode? Thanks for any of your ideas.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
What may be helpful is Phone > 3-dot menu > Call Settings > Auto Answer.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I thought about that but I thought that it needs to be connected to a bt device. I'm going to go with her in the next couple of days to try to figure it out. I'll give this a try.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Not that it's a direct answer to your question, but many years ago (1985? 86?) as a student I did a work term for the Neil Squire Foundation (now the Neil Squire Society) in helping people with severe physical disabilities access technology. (I also did a work term at an extended care facility in Calgary.) I worked with MS patients, as well as others; we used "sip and puff" and micro-triggers, we even had one guy who could turn things off and on using his eyebrow... pretty well the only thing he still had control over. I imagine that the technology for that sort of thing has come leaps and bounds ahead of where we were at nearly 30 years ago!

Neil Squire Society

I don't know what resources your wife has access to, but the NSS specializes in that field and they may have resources (guides, videos, equipment, etc.) that can be of some service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez