any one like the G4 here?

chamomiami

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand why so many ppl come here to complain about the g4 and compare it to the Samsung Galaxy.. Go get a Galaxy .. G4 is the best Android out there for the one who paid for it live with it or go and get another device.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I believe a lot of people do. I for one enjoy my G4 (and yes I had an S6 before that). It is common for others to compare this phone vs. that phone ... Especially when it comes to flagships. :).

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why so many ppl come here to complain about the g4 and compare it to the Samsung Galaxy.. Go get a Galaxy .. G4 is the best Android out there for the one who paid for it live with it or go and get another device.

Everyone will complain about something - don't listen to them unless they have some solid evidence or good reasoning. Otherwise, just consider it a rant. I love my job, but sometimes I go home and tell my partner how frustrating it is... But it doesn't matter, it's unwarranted and I really do love my job! Phones can be the same way. People will complain about battery life unless they get 12 hours of SOT lol. I love my G4. I just have to decide if I love it more than my Nexus 6! I have to return ONE of them!

G4 has a beautiful screen, good battery life, SD card, decent speakers that get very loud, awesome camera and great call quality. I personally don't like Samsung devices anymore. They're so laggy and buggy ALL the time. Every NEW update introduces some bug fixes, all the while it introduces new bugs. Then they take 5 months to update it again, especially when your device isn't their newest model! Arg.

I hope LG takes care of the G4 for a while :) I really like it! I just need to find a good case! :)

jbfountain

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site

All of the modern flagship phones are incredible. Everyone is different, so there taste in a phone will be different. All phones will have a problem that somebody will complain about. Just like people. I happen to like my HTC One M9, but that doesn't mean I don't think the LG G4 or Samsung S6 are bad phones. I just won a LG G4 from ATT for submitting a picture of my dog. LOL. I don't know if I'll keep it or sell it, and I won't know until I try it. I'm excited to get the opportunity to find out.:)

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm loving mine! It does everything I need (and then some) very well, has a great screen, a CRAZY good camera and feels great in hand!

G4'ed it!

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
You will see more people coming to complain in forums than people who are happy...for all flagships.
The S6 was praised by all reviews while the M9 was bashed, I tried both and frankly preferred the M9 because the S6 was miles slower than M9 in terms of UI, it had the board making traces on the screen under sunlight and the whites were pinkish!
Now the G4 is growing in me as I am feeling the 5'' screen of the M9 is small now, the only real ''fault'' the G4 has is the touchscreen issue and I couldn't see a definitive answer if whereas it's only on US models, if the new FW fix it or if a Factory Reset fix it, we don't even know if it's a hardware or software bug

roy ellis

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Been samsung galaxy fan for years until they decided to become "mainstream". I bitched and upgraded to LG G4. It was time to move on since my needs had clearly out grown what samsung had to offer.
Loving my new phone.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Love mine, get great battery life, no lag (that's perceptible to me anyway) no touchscreen...good to go! However I did drop it and dent it, now it's in a miserable big case until I figure out if the Diztronic I just ordered will do the job (hate big thick cases).

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Hate it. It's a POS just like all other phones. (He said sarcastically.)

Seriously, the haters come in after the device has been out for a while. The early reviews actually give their opinion, then the "I love my other phone" people come in and start bashing a product for no reason other than it doesn't say company X on it. It happens all the time. That's why I always say, "Go to the store and put it in your hands. Use it. See how it runs in the store." I never recommend a phone that you don't see in person before buying.

So, take the haters with a grain of salt. Yes, the G4 is the top phone on the market right now and will be until phone X comes out next ;)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I got two things from LG:

1) A superb device in the G4.
2) No reason for complaints.

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I love my g4! Everyone that touches sees it wants to know what kind of phone it is. I love the camera and get compliments on how sharp and clear my pictures are. I may have some battery issues but I can live with it. Doesn't mean I hate the phone.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I have really enjoyed my G4 thus far. I am not very taxing on my phones, but for my needs and usage the G4 exceeds my expectations. I think it is great!!! (hopefully my edit will make this simple comment less complex)

Last edited:

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Many of the "complaints" are because people are trying to find out how to solve issues they are having or because the phone doesn't live up to the hype they expected. If someone can please tell me where to find the "perfect" phone I'll be glad to purchase it. Of course, there will be a better "perfect" phone released within months after my purchase.
Personally I really like my G4. I don't "love" my phones because they will always need to be replaced at some point so I tone down to "like"...

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
When people are spending their hard earned money on a device, it will be heavily scrutinized. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and if they love their phone great, if not, that's their choice even if we don't agree with them. I'm not tied to any brand, I get what best suits my needs. I usually switch back and forth from Android to iOS, and I enjoy what each phone has to offer. They are all pretty good at what they do, so it's really a matter of preference. I have to say though, the G4 is an awesome device. If you love what made Android popular, (i.e. expandable storage, removable battery), the G4 might be your phone. The S6 is trying to compete better with iPhone, hence the premium build and unibody chassis. If you want a more iPhone like device that runs android, the S6 is probably for you.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
When people are spending their hard earned money on a device, it will be heavily scrutinized. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and if they love their phone great, if not, that's their choice even if we don't agree with them. I'm not tied to any brand, I get what best suits my needs. I usually switch back and forth from Android to iOS, and I enjoy what each phone has to offer. They are all pretty good at what they do, so it's really a matter of preference. I have to say though, the G4 is an awesome device. If you love what made Android popular, (i.e. expandable storage, removable battery), the G4 might be your phone. The S6 is trying to compete better with iPhone, hence the premium build and unibody chassis. If you want a more iPhone like device that runs android, the S6 is probably for you.

I agree!
S6 is like an iphone clone, the only models I like at samsung are Note 4 and Note Edge but both are laggy (as I heard thousands of times)
I tried the G4 in a store today, the UI is as fast as on my M9, though I didn't like the too small fonts under icons, even in if I set fonts to max size nothing changed with the fonts in homepage and drawer, it's a little stupid when you have a 5.5'' screen.