LG G4 charging stuck and vibrating

FriendlyPear

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have a problem with a new LG G4.

Sometimes when it gets connected to the charger, the phone starts vibrating, the notification sound starts ringing and the battery icon in the notification bar flickers. The phone doesn't charge.

Unplugging, then plugging in again sometimes help.

Has any one else seen this issue and have any suggestions what to do about it?

Posted via the Android Central App

FriendlyPear

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it happens with both different outlets and different chargers (including the original one that came with the phone).

FriendlyPear

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
We only got it one week ago and it may have happened 3-4 times since then.

Ref. the question above, it may actually be when using a particular outlet that we experience the problem. That would be worth some investigation.

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I noticed you stating that your phone is new, but by chance have you installed any type of notification app from the Play Store? If so, maybe remove said app and see if the issue continues. Otherwise, I would contact my provider, explain the issue. More than likely they will walk you through several types of trouble shooting techniques and resets; if that doesn't resolve the issue, hopefully they will replace your device if you are within your exchange period. Keep us posted.

FriendlyPear

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
If by notification app you mean something that creates notification, like a calendar or messaging app, then yes, and that could be next step of the troubleshooting.

What has happened so far is that I changed the outlet used for charging the phone, and for the first few days there were no trouble.

However last night it charged to 70%, then stopped and discharged at ordinary rate. Today, I went to the store to hear their input, but all they could advise was for us to do a factory reset. I have done that now (since it is a necessary step on the road to repair or replacement).

Now it's time for night recharge, let's see what happens...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I know I've seen a couple of threads like this, but I can right now only find one: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/551904-new-g4-owner-my-unit-defective.html

Are you using the charger that came with the phone? I only ask this because I was having a bad time when I first got my phone trying to charge it using an Apple charger I had been using before with my Note2. I switched to the cable and charger that came with the phone, and I've had no problem since.

Also, I think what lsmith9523 was referring to was an app like Light Flow that takes over your notifications... it can have bizarre effects. But if you've done a factory reset that wouldn't be a problem.

FriendlyPear

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
The first times we saw it happen we were using the original charger from LG, the last time one from HTC which has worked perfectly in the past with my M8.

I suspect the outlet in the first instances and a loose cable in the latter.

No Light Flow-like apps, by the way. Thanks for clarifying 😊

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk