Would there be any advantage to changing network mode from "Global?"

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, I was browsing the network settings and the thought had occurred to me. Would there be any performance advantages in changing to one of the other two options? I don't travel internationally much, and stay in pretty good 4G coverage here in the US.

Attachments

• 1436720017671.jpg
    1436720017671.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 44

phillymade

Mar 31, 2011
glennsilvasy.blogspot.com
Re: Would there be any advantage to changing network mode from "Global?"

It was explained to me by VZW that Global is for folks that travel outside of the US. It works here as well and searched for the strongest signal, but at the cost of battery. it keeps all the radios on to constantly search. Of you are state side, keep it on LTE, as VZW primarily used this as the network. So in this setting your device is only looking for LTE.
Now some will argue this point, just telling you what I was told and what I found in a search. Try for yourself and see if it works better for you.

Posted via the Android Central App

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site

You're on Verizon, right?

I have seen suggestions to change it to LTE/CDMA. I think the explanation was at least in part so that the radio is not looking for other networks that are not needed.

I changed my Verizon G4 to LTE/CDMA, with no apparent issues yet. When I tried the third option, LTE/GSM/UMTS, I lost the cell-network connection.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site

I am on verizon too and have done this in the past primarily on my LG G2 and it usually and randomly reverts back to global. HAven't tried it on the G4 yet but probably will.

David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20