Camera manual settings option disappeared

TruPlaya187

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi, just got my new LG G4 and I love it!!!!

One bug that is happening and I'm not sure if it's only with my phone or not but here what happens:

- Open the camera and choose the manual options
- Play with the ISO, Shutter...etc
- Take a picture
- Then go and view that picture from the bubble top right corner
- Then go back to the camera pressing the back arrow on the screen
- The manual settings options are gone.

Even if you go back to simple, auto and then manual, it won't come back until to go out of the camera and go back again then you see the options.

I've searched on this forum but didn't see anything regarding that. If there is then sorry for that post.

Please let me know if it does happen to you guys also or not.

littlebone

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I was going to reply: I noticed that, too. When I first got the phone, going to the gallery and back to the manual mode made the controls disappear. However, I just went to verify that this happens, and mirabile dictu, I don't have the problem any more.

Mine's a T-Mobile LG-G4 (H815) at level H8110h.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi, just got my new LG G4 and I love it!!!!

One bug that is happening and I'm not sure if it's only with my phone or not but here what happens:

- Open the camera and choose the manual options
- Play with the ISO, Shutter...etc
- Take a picture
- Then go and view that picture from the bubble top right corner
- Then go back to the camera pressing the back arrow on the screen
- The manual settings options are gone.

Even if you go back to simple, auto and then manual, it won't come back until to go out of the camera and go back again then you see the options.

I've searched on this forum but didn't see anything regarding that. If there is then sorry for that post.

Please let me know if it does happen to you guys also or not.

I've never had that happen.

What gallery tool are you using? The only thing I can think of is that there may be something wonky with the gallery tool.

Have you tried restarting the phone?

I've read pretty well every thread since this forum started, and your issue is a first... Congratulations!

TruPlaya187

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I've never had that happen.

What gallery tool are you using? The only thing I can think of is that there may be something wonky with the gallery tool.

Have you tried restarting the phone?

I've read pretty well every thread since this forum started, and your issue is a first... Congratulations!

Thanks!!! :)

I think it is the built-in gallery that shows the pictures (on this part I was wrong...it is Google photos that shows the picture) if I press the bubble in the top right corner but I also have the Google Photos app installed.

I just restarted the phone to try again and it did the same thing.

But a BIG THANK YOU!!! because as soon as I uninstalled Google Photo app, the issue it NOT present anymore.

TruPlaya187

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I was going to reply: I noticed that, too. When I first got the phone, going to the gallery and back to the manual mode made the controls disappear. However, I just went to verify that this happens, and mirabile dictu, I don't have the problem any more.

Mine's a T-Mobile LG-G4 (H815) at level H8110h.

Did you have Google photos installed...because since I've uninstalled it, the problem is not present anymore.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!!! :)

I think it is the built-in gallery that shows the pictures (on this part I was wrong...it is Google photos that shows the picture) if I press the bubble in the top right corner but I also have the Google Photos app installed.

I just restarted the phone to try again and it did the same thing.

But a BIG THANK YOU!!! because as soon as I uninstalled Google Photo app, the issue it NOT present anymore.

Yeah! I've written a few times about the benefits of quickpic.. And here's one more :)

TruPlaya187

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah! I've written a few times about the benefits of quickpic.. And here's one more :)

Also since I'm new to Android, my buddy here at work told me to :
- Uninstall Google Photos
- Then re-install Google Photos but don't open yet.
- Then open your camera and press on the top right bubble to view the pic, it will ask you to choose the default app either : Google Photos or Gallery.
- I choose Gallery and now no more issues.

Thanks again for everybody here to let me know and to help me with this!!!

Greatly appreciated!!!!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've just tried it with a couple of pics, viewing first in Gallery, then in Photos. I'm using the new Google Photos, if that's relevant. Anyway, no problem afterwards with either.

Posted via the Android Central App

bluemoongreg

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Haven't had the issue myself, but glad to see I it was solved. You likely saved somebody some time & headache by posting the solution as well... thumbs up!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers