iTunes on the G4?

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I've had iPods (Classic and Touch) for years, but have a love/hate relationship with Windows version iTunes. How well does iTunes play with the G4, and if not, nicely is there a better alternative I can use my current iTunes Library?

redlinecoatings

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I have Google play on my G4 and on my laptop I have Google music manager. It auto syncs any and all songs from iTunes into Google play music. Works pretty good. If my wife downloads a song on her iphone, it's on my phone minutes later.

FriendlyPear

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I have Google play on my G4 and on my laptop I have Google music manager. It auto syncs any and all songs from iTunes into Google play music. Works pretty good. If my wife downloads a song on her iphone, it's on my phone minutes later.
I use a similar setup. Google Music Manager will sync your local music to the cloud, and you can then steam it to phones, other computers, chromecast etc.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Taking a little vacation and will keep my iPod Classic as my default player for now, so I don't have to master another new thing at the moment. Probably look at iSyncr since I don't want to have to stream all the time, but haven't picked up a Micro SD card yet to load my library onto.

I guess the money's not worth it for Google to create a true competitor to iTunes. Like a lot of iStuff, Apple does a great job with 80% of it, and the other 20% I absolutely can't stand.

A little surprised iTunes isn't available for Android, but guess Steve explains it and Apple's philosophy best himself...
"We thought about whether we should do a music client for Android. We put iTunes on Windows to sell more iPods. But I don’t see an advantage of putting our own music app on Android, except to make Android users happy. And I don’t want to make Android users happy"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08